Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering, how do you revise for Paper 1 and Paper 2 of English with the exam board WJEC. Also, what does each paper involve?

Thank You ;D

ReputationRep:
    At school we revise by completing questions from past papers. Trust me, it really helps. Remember to stay focused on the question during the reading questions and to try to fit in ten different points when answering them (as they carry 10 marks). For the writing questions, revise how to write articles, reports, letters (informal and formal) and leaflets.

Here's a breakdown of the papers:

Paper 1:
    Section A (40 marks - spend about 55 minutes on this)
    4 questions about an extract. You have to read the lines it says to read on each question and answer the questions using those lines from the passage.
    Section B (40 marks - 1st question - 25 minutes, 2nd question - 40 minutes)
    The first question, I think, is a descriptive question and you just describe a scene they tell you to e.g a fish and chip shop.
    The second question is a narrative piece and you can pick from a selection of titles.

Paper 2:
    Section A (40 marks - spend about 50 minuites on this)
    4 questions on two texts (which are normally leaflets, articles etc.)
    Section B (40 marks - spend about 70 minutes on this)
    There are two questions where you have to write an article, letter or a report etc.

Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TurkeyMCB)
    At school we revise by completing questions from past papers. Trust me, it really helps. Remember to stay focused on the question during the reading questions and to try to fit in ten different points when answering them (as they carry 10 marks). For the writing questions, revise how to write articles, reports, letters (informal and formal) and leaflets.

Here's a breakdown of the papers:

Paper 1:
    Section A (40 marks - spend about 55 minutes on this)
    4 questions about an extract. You have to read the lines it says to read on each question and answer the questions using those lines from the passage.
    Section B (40 marks - 1st question - 25 minutes, 2nd question - 40 minutes)
    The first question, I think, is a descriptive question and you just describe a scene they tell you to e.g a fish and chip shop.
    The second question is a narrative piece and you can pick from a selection of titles.

Paper 2:
    Section A (40 marks - spend about 50 minuites on this)
    4 questions on two texts (which are normally leaflets, articles etc.)
    Section B (40 marks - spend about 70 minutes on this)
    There are two questions where you have to write an article, letter or a report etc.

Hope that helps
    Thank you sooooo much
    I will revise by doing past papers ..
    I am okay with the comprehension type questions however the writing story ones and describing poems, I find hardest..
    However, on the WJEC website there are no mark schemes so when I am marking them, i wouldn't know how to improve?
    Thanks again

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.