The Student Room Group

nvm

answered, thanks
(edited 12 years ago)
Totally insensitive, you don't qualify given the criteria you outline here.
Reply 2
The person aboce is very rude. You sound like you do qualify, but applying for these sorts of things can be very difficult. I know how you feel because I am in the same sort of situation. The sad fact is it is very hard to prove 'estrangement' and sometimes people who can't help the situation they have neded up in, end up suffering for it.
The information you ar providing sounds like ennough - well its more than I am going to be providing. I hope you get the student finance you deserve, and don't listen to rude 'totally insensitive' people like the one above who don't know your situation.
I bet neither of you get it then.
Reply 4
Yep, I wouldn't approve either, given what's been said.
Whilst hypocriticaljap sounds rude, I'm afraid he's right. Proving independence is very hard and there's no flexibility or emotion involved. One thing which they don't make clear however, is that you only have to have supported yourself for 3 TAX years, not 3 years. At least I assume that's the case, I left uni in 2008 and returned in 2010 having spent 2 years supporting myself, but as it crossed 3 tax years (08-09, 09-10, 10-11) they counted me as independent. Taiko can you confirm this is true?
Reply 6
Has to be 36 months, doesn't have to be consecutive.
Reply 7
So say if I had been out of contact with my parents for over a year. Would I not qualify then?
no

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending