Turn on thread page Beta

Truro College accomedation for a mature student watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm 24 years old and I hope to do a foundation degree in Truro College, I'm a mature student and I've been in touch with the college who say I'm too old and from the same county and because of that I am in-eligible for their accommodation.

So I guess that leaves renting a flat, but I'm not sure if I can afford it with a part time job.

If anybody has been able to do this or knows of a work-around a=can they let me know.

Martin

ReputationRep:
    dude, i'm applying there for september, it not that your too old it that the halls only have 16 rooms so yeh. if you look on the website you can contact a person who will send you a list of rooms and flats in the area suitable for students, theres about 200 of them. also these rooms cost anywhere in between £65 and £100 a week so they're the same average price of halls anyway. what course you applying to?

ReputationRep:
    I'm goin in September, got put on the waiting list for accomadation. But I hot the list and found somewhere off that. Try this woman called Dorothy gill Carey, she gives free accomadation for help round her guest house. What course you studying?

ReputationRep:
    Does she still offer free accommodation? That's exactly what I need now! I have my college place but I still don't have anywhere to live, and I'm getting really worried because the term starts on 1 September!

(Original post by Randles91)
    I'm goin in September, got put on the waiting list for accomadation. But I hot the list and found somewhere off that. Try this woman called Dorothy gill Carey, she gives free accomadation for help round her guest house. What course you studying?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 26, 2014
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.