Tuition Fees! Close Call... Watch

This discussion is closed.
ToshTrent
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Grr, where's a Suicide Bomber when you need one?

Plus...

Fancy a well hardcore protesting, must bring a pack of six eggs too!
Moog
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'd be up for it. Get say 10k people to go and protest outside downing street and you'd have 60k eggs! Thats a whole load of egging, imagine the mess! Tony would have to change his mind...!
musicbloke
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I was protesting outside the house of commons last night. Of course most of new labour have more of a ****ing allegiance to tony blair than they have principles. It was all very upsetting. All that's left to be asked is how much those guys who swung at the last minute are getting paid.

Musicboy
ToshTrent
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by Moog)
I'd be up for it. Get say 10k people to go and protest outside downing street and you'd have 60k eggs! Thats a whole load of egging, imagine the mess! Tony would have to change his mind...!
Indeed, i'll bring the tennis ball machine.
Geogger
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by musicboy)
I was protesting outside the house of commons last night. Of course most of new labour have more of a ****ing allegiance to tony blair than they have principles. It was all very upsetting. All that's left to be asked is how much those guys who swung at the last minute are getting paid.

Musicboy
More interestingly... what have the Whips got on the last minute defectors... Nick Brown? and probably a number of others?
gzftan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Can someone explain to me why the Scottish MPs have a say in the running of England and Wales...when they have their own government and parliament....which English MPs can have no say in???

I am so pissed off by the result of the vote!!!!!

G
Mentally Ill
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by gzftan)
Can someone explain to me why the Scottish MPs have a say in the running of England and Wales...when they have their own government and parliament....which English MPs can have no say in???

I am so pissed off by the result of the vote!!!!!

G
an argument put forward by someone on Newsnight was that scottish kids attend british unis. So if we accept that, then when will the other nations have a say in our policy?

I think socttish MPs should not be allowed to vote.
Pollo Loco
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Am a bit pissed off about this too. :mad: Only problem is that it's like being stuck between a rock and a hard place for all the sides in the debate. For us students, we want better unis etc but we don't want and can't really afford to pay for it (in most cases). The government are under pressure to improve unis but don't have the money and the same goes for the unis themselves, under pressure to improve but strapped for cash to do it. I have to agree though, the politicians sold out the students again! It's going to be the worst for the students in the middle ground, those not really rich but who have parents who earn just enough that they don't qualify for the grants. They (i might say we really) can't afford the high fees and won't get any help at all. What's this about a protest too, i could go for that!!
PL
gzftan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Mentally Ill)
an argument put forward by someone on Newsnight was that scottish kids attend british unis. So if we accept that, then when will the other nations have a say in our policy?

I think socttish MPs should not be allowed to vote.
Same....and english kids go to scottish unis...so why can't we have a say in their system?? I am most definitely not a happy bunny...

G
babyboo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i think we should get over it n play in the snow!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (242)
61.89%
Yes- I don't like it (18)
4.6%
No- I want it (105)
26.85%
No- I don't want it (26)
6.65%

Watched Threads