Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I have had to end something very special with the guy I haved loved for a long time. I love him so much and he loves me even more, however due to my family's definite *disapproval (lets say for arguments sake its approving of a muslim being with a jew) I have had to end it with him. I pretended to him that I would be happy without him and that this is the right thing to do, but I only said those things to make it easier for him to accept it.*
    Its been over a week now and it has hit me how much I miss him. Im so stuck I dont know what I should do...
    I have done a huge comprimise and sacrifice for my family. Did I do the right thing? I could have carried it on with him but that would have led to soo many problems at home, its unthinkable!*
    This was true love, and I have chucked it away leaving the both of us heartbroken. I dont know if I will ever be able to be happy again. *Please give me some advice I need help *
    Dont say to me that I should try and talk to my parents, because I know for sure that it is not going to turn out good. Its like this was the only option I had, and I have taken it. I dont even know what I am looking for on here, I needed to let this out cause its eating me alive inside!**

ReputationRep:
    Why don't they like him?

ReputationRep:
    May God reward you for your hardship and trial you've been put through.

ReputationRep:
    How old are you?

ReputationRep:
    I personally would say screw family.....

and I come from a similar family....

simply as your family will eventually come to accept you....

if you throw this away, you will be unhappy for the rest of your life

ReputationRep:
    So you have put your family's dislike/hatred for something or someone before your love of someone?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 20, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.