Turn on thread page Beta

sacrificed true love for family. watch

I have had to end something very special with the guy I haved loved for a long time. I love him so much and he loves me even more, however due to my family's definite *disapproval (lets say for arguments sake its approving of a muslim being with a jew) I have had to end it with him. I pretended to him that I would be happy without him and that this is the right thing to do, but I only said those things to make it easier for him to accept it.*
    Its been over a week now and it has hit me how much I miss him. Im so stuck I dont know what I should do...
    I have done a huge comprimise and sacrifice for my family. Did I do the right thing? I could have carried it on with him but that would have led to soo many problems at home, its unthinkable!*
    This was true love, and I have chucked it away leaving the both of us heartbroken. I dont know if I will ever be able to be happy again. *Please give me some advice I need help *
    Dont say to me that I should try and talk to my parents, because I know for sure that it is not going to turn out good. Its like this was the only option I had, and I have taken it. I dont even know what I am looking for on here, I needed to let this out cause its eating me alive inside!**

ReputationRep:
    Why don't they like him?

ReputationRep:
    May God reward you for your hardship and trial you've been put through.

ReputationRep:
    How old are you?

ReputationRep:
    I personally would say screw family.....

and I come from a similar family....

simply as your family will eventually come to accept you....

if you throw this away, you will be unhappy for the rest of your life

ReputationRep:
    So you have put your family's dislike/hatred for something or someone before your love of someone?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 20, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.