Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have just submitted my Student Finance application and then when i reviewed my details, it says that i said i had a valid passport but i didnt put my details in? I did and pressed save and continue! Does it matter if it's submitted without my passport details?

I've just heard alot of bad stuff about student finance and i'm worried they'll find any excuse to cause me further delay!

Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    Well if you've edited your application and entered the details then it should have saved onto the application before you sent it, so no problems there.

But if the application is sent without the passport number then I'm guessing they will take a little longer to process it, if you feel you need to contact student finance then I suggest giving them a call and asking to confirm the details.

Phone Number - 0845 300 50 90

Opening Hours - Monday to Friday, 8.00 am to 8.00 pm; Saturday and Sunday, 9.00 am to 5.30 pm

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! I'll give them a ring tomorrow. Do you know if they can edit my application at their end? As it's already been submitted so i can't edit it

ReputationRep:
    Yes they can edit it on their end, it is definitely for the best if you ring them tomorrow because the earlier you call, it means they can edit it before they start to process your application. If they change it tomorrow or sometime this week it wont mean that your application will be delayed.

That is phrased quite strong actually, even if you didnt ring them tomorrow and waited a little while to call them, there wouldnt be any major problems with your application it could just mean that they might ring you or email you to confirm your passport number. I know its a stressful thing to go through but missing that out and correcting it isnt as big of a problem as you may think, at least is wasnt the wrong bank details or something :P

ReputationRep:
    Ah if they can edit it on their end then hopefully i shall be fine. Erm... i may have put the wrong tuition fee in (worse than wrong bank details right!) i am so stupid, i rushed and pressed submit by accident! I hope they can edit my tuition fee too. I feel so stupid. Although reading through threads on here it's nice to know i'm not alone is stressing. I often think you need a degree to do student finance!

ReputationRep:
    Haha it's one of the parts of university I guess!, the tuition fee problem you were having; the only times you can edit that is when you are asked what course you are doing, if you selected the right course and the right university then the tuition fee's are automatically uploaded onto your application. Other than this is the 'How much do you want to borrow" section where you can either choose 'Maximum Amount' or a custom amount, if you selected maximum then you have borrowed the total amount to cover your course and I wouldn't worry.

ReputationRep:
    Give the full tuition fee amount that your university or college is charging for the course you will be studying? £3,225.00

That's what it says, and i put the fee amount (which is completely wrong!) It's under "Further information about your course"

but i'll just ring up and see tomorrow. Stressed out enough for tonight haha. Thank you so much by the way

ReputationRep:
    you can submit ur passport details online without sending the passport off ?

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.