Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I checked the student finance calculator on DirectGov; it asks for my parents'/step-parents' earnings between 06/04/2008 and 05/04/2009. Under these conditions I did qualify for a grant, as I only lived with one parent, whereas now my household income is much higher as I live with my mother and her partner. With this level of income (from both my mother and her partner) I do not qualify for a grant.

Will the newer income be taken into account when I apply, or will the application be based on the income from 2008 -09, as it is on the DirectGov calculator?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not too sure but there is definately something where if your household income is at least 15% different now to what it was in the 2008-09 tax year then its based on the 2010-11 tax year instead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by giddyotwiggy)
    I checked the student finance calculator on DirectGov; it asks for my parents'/step-parents' earnings between 06/04/2008 and 05/04/2009. Under these conditions I did qualify for a grant, as I only lived with one parent, whereas now my household income is much higher as I live with my mother and her partner. With this level of income (from both my mother and her partner) I do not qualify for a grant.

Will the newer income be taken into account when I apply, or will the application be based on the income from 2008 -09, as it is on the DirectGov calculator?
    You are incorrect.
    The assessment goes off the income for 2009-10 not the year you quoted.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.