Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    4 of my 5 choices have replied, i had a gap year and i logged into my student finance account. It says i cant apply yet as there is an existing application (last years) and i don't know how to cancel/delete it!

Should i give them a ring? Can i even apply for student finance until i know my firm&insurance? Why hasn't UCL replied yet? hmmmm

ReputationRep:
    I had a similar problem earlier this year about going to uni in September, I had to wait for a uni to get back to me about my application and after some searching found that the easiest way to get rid of that application is to call the university and ask them to take you off their application process system. Without that acceptance/decline from university you cant move forward on the UCAS system (it is a huge pain in the backside)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stephen John)
    4 of my 5 choices have replied, i had a gap year and i logged into my student finance account. It says i cant apply yet as there is an existing application (last years) and i don't know how to cancel/delete it!

Should i give them a ring? Can i even apply for student finance until i know my firm&insurance? Why hasn't UCL replied yet? hmmmm
    I'm in the same position I think. As far as student finance are concerned I'm starting my second year at Lincoln this sept but I never even started that course. I have logged on online to my account and you should be able to change your course on there etc but the site isn't working.

I also have the problem that I don't want them to use the financial information that I gave them last year as I may be eligible for more money now after my dad spent a lot of time in hospital so had a low income.

I'm just going to ring them in the morning and see what they say. You could try changing it online but like i said, it isn't working for me.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you call up to cancell it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stephen John)

Just ring SFE and ask them to cancel your active application.

ReputationRep:
    I have just rang to cancel mine. It may be different for you so I would still ring up but they told me to fill in a form for a new student and attach a not explaining that I wish to be considered a new applicant. Give them a call though, it was rather simple.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 21, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.