Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What do you use to organise your music? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey there

I'm starting to get so annoyed with iTunes. It's becoming slower, more inflexible, and more useless by the day, as my music collection grows. :sad: Does anyone use an alternative to iTunes (syncing my iPhone isn't a problem)?

Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not really sure if you can but maybe you could back all of your itunes collection into a folder on your computer? It would give you the flexibility to do what you want with it so you can make it the best for you.

but there are plenty of other site's that host free music files "the majority illegally" that you could use if you want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OpenTheFloodGates)
    I'm not really sure if you can but maybe you could back all of your itunes collection into a folder on your computer? It would give you the flexibility to do what you want with it so you can make it the best for you.

but there are plenty of other site's that host free music files "the majority illegally" that you could use if you want.
    Yeah, I've got it all in one big folder (load of subfolders, mind; it's organised by iTunes). I was thinking of trying Media Monkey or something like that.

ReputationRep:
    I use Spotify :P

For my phone I just chuck anything I have on under 'My Music' :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    I had the same thought, and went for songbird. Mainly because of the name! But I like it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barefootfiona)
    I had the same thought, and went for songbird. Mainly because of the name! But I like it
    Oh cool, what's it like compared to iTunes/Spotify/WMP?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by addylad)
    Oh cool, what's it like compared to iTunes/Spotify/WMP?
    I haven't tried syncing yet... the layout is similar to iTunes, no Genius (only downside for me since I quite like that) and no cover flow.

What I like is that there's an inbuilt web browser. Kind of weird but good!

ReputationRep:
    Why use a program to organise your music? Just use subfolders then you can use whichever media program you wish (here Foobar beats the competition into a crooked hat, obviously).

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.