Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Will I get into Physics at Oxbridge?! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    What the ****? Perhaps no one said that because it's bull****. Who says he can't do Cambridge Physics? Cambridge should be the judge of that.
    You are such an idiot. Cambridge don't offer physics.

You either have to take Maths & Physics or Physical NatSci.

Just shut up for a couple of years. If you ever get in please come back and comment on threads like this, but for the moment you give out wrong information all the time.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Oxbridge isn't a university.

You may as well apply to LCL or LSL, Imperial school of Economics..., London school of college london.

Etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    What the ****? Perhaps no one said that because it's bull****. Who says he can't do Cambridge Physics? Cambridge should be the judge of that.
    I was referring to the fact that cambridge to physical natsci not physics.

(Original post by mf2004)
    You are such an idiot. Cambridge don't offer physics.

You either have to take Maths & Physics or Physical NatSci.

Just shut up for a couple of years. If you ever get in please come back and comment on threads like this, but for the moment you give out wrong information all the time.
    I'm not stupid. Of course Cambridge doesn't offer a straight Physics degree. I do know my stuff.

But it is possible to obtain a Physics degree when you graduate.

Don't ****ing patronise me.

http://www.phy.cam.ac.uk/admissions/...ad/summary.php

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    Oxbridge isn't a university.

You may as well apply to LCL or LSL, Imperial school of Economics..., London school of college london.

Etc.
    Hey sherlock, I do get that. I was just using it instead of writing out oxford or cambridge every time. Thanks for the advice everyone else, just got to know my stuff for the interview and get the grades.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by andy94)
    Hey sherlock, I do get that. I was just using it instead of writing out oxford or cambridge every time. Thanks for the advice everyone else, just got to know my stuff for the interview and get the grades.
    I'm aware of why you were using it, and why you were using it was foolish. Good luck with your application.

ReputationRep:
    Just throwing it out there, but your grades and PS mean absolutely nothing to Oxford. You need to get above the threshold in the PAT (aptitude test) and then do well at interview.

AS UMS matters for Cambridge. You'll probably definitely get an interview. If you aren't brilliant at interview but have outstanding AS grades it's very likely you'll be pooled and you might get a second chance at interview to shine.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 27, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.