Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    I checked my online statement earlier and £4 has been taken out of my account fraudulently. The fraud department isn't open 24/7 and so I'll have to wait till tomorrow to call them. I tried phoning the only number which is 24/7 but they said I'll have to wait till the fraud dep. is open.

Now someone has my details and knows that my card works, all of my money could be gone by tomorrow. How can there be no way to cancel a card immediately? It's crazy.

Is this the same with other banks or is Santander just keeping up it's reputation has the worst bank for customer service?

ReputationRep:
    The rules governing banking fraud is that you will be guaranteed the return of any money fraudulently taken after you have notified the bank.
    Relax.

ReputationRep:
    Yup as jap has said your money is covered, but tomorrow obviously contact your bank and let them know

ReputationRep:
    I think you are confusing the bank saving guarantee and the fraud guarantee!.

ReputationRep:
    Ah youre right, my bad, edited!

ReputationRep:
    it sounds scary that someone else has the details of your card, and can take money out of it anytime they wish. but like someone already said you'll get all your money back. but it still worrying that someone else has your detail. i wonder what else they could get hold of it?
    but just change the detail of your card, or the bank if you wish. i was an Abbey member since yr 9, but had enough of their overdraft charge of £35 so i changed my bank.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.