Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    everyone is talking about china being a superpower
    but there is not as much emphasis on india, are they also a superpower?

ReputationRep:
    They are now a superpower yet.

They will be, by 2020 they will become a mega superpower.

ReputationRep:
    India is developing into a superpower, it all goes down to how much influence each country has in world politics. India has a huge population and growing industries, from this it will gain economic strength and will have more of a say.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Developing but it still has pretty big problems with its infrastructure poverty and an insurgency

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    India's a bit behind China, but it will catch up (maybe even surpass) China eventually.

Everyone pays attention to China because it looks a lot better, with skyscrapers, clean roads, etc. It actually looks like a developing country, compared to the slums and crowded, dirty streets of India. However, 10 years from now India will look a lot better too ($1 Trillion for infrastructure in next five years). This will give it more credibility and attention.

But yes, all the important long-term factors suggest that India WILL become a superpower. It's just a matter of when.

ReputationRep:
    NO JUST NOOOOO

the op is just trolling

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soczek322)
    NO JUST NOOOOO

the op is just trolling
    the op is Indian

ReputationRep:
    Hmmmm butter chicken nom nom nom

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Superstar6318)
    the op is Indian
    Definitely. I looked at the question and then looked at there name and in my head I thought, "It all makes sense now".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rajveers)
    everyone is talking about china being a superpower
    but there is not as much emphasis on india, are they also a superpower?
    Is Libya a superpower?

ReputationRep:
    India has the world's second largest population and one of the fastest growing economies in the world, technologically sound and exports more experts, so portential superpowers yes

ReputationRep:
    They have no where near the influence required of a superpower - or the economic power.
    They have the potential, but that doesn't mean that they will be. There are far too many variables and the future is far too unpredictable to say that they 'will' be.
    For starters they need to invest massively in their infrastructure and do a LOT more to reduce levels of poverty if they want to be considered as such.
    The only superpower at the moment is the USA, though I think the EU as a single organisation should be considered as a superpower - the issue there is whether there is enough political cohesion for that to be the case (Germany's refusal to participate in Libya being an example of this).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arcanine)
    Definitely. I looked at the question and then looked at there name and in my head I thought, "It all makes sense now".
    I'm Indian too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    Developing but it still has pretty big problems with its infrastructure poverty and an insurgency
    India has more poverty than the whole of Sub-Sahran Africa - they will have to deal with this first.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure it will be within 10 years.
    It has the population structure to last as a super power too.

China is going to have problems soon, seeing as it has a generation of middle aged men, due to the one child policy.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by B-Man.)
    India has more poverty than the whole of Sub-Sahran Africa - they will have to deal with this first.
    Yup. Its depressing how poverty stricken parts of the country are.Why have a space program with poverty like that?

ReputationRep:
    I'm Indian but not biased. I think India has the potential to be a superpower because of brains, but only if the whole process of 'brain drain' can be reduced, if not stopped. Beyond that, population growth has to be reduced, poverty dealt with and infrastructure built... That's a lot of work to be done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B-Man.)
    Your sig is awesome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    Your sig is awesome.
    :cool: That's how we roll in my endz.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.