who is/was the worlds greatest entrepeneur? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForensicShoe)
    Bill Gates.
    This

ReputationRep:
    Sorry.
    Read a bit of history.
    Gates is nothing compared to Rockefeller.

ReputationRep:
    all those "big" entreprenuers are not so big because they are genius but because they are part of one different world! those people write our future, they cause everything. e.g George Soros was not lucky or smart, he was told and guided

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hypocriticaljap)
    Sorry.
    Read a bit of history.
    Gates is nothing compared to Rockefeller.
    Naw man i forgot about him when made my post, now i feel like a douche.

But ye, true, in a waaay gates is nothing compared to him. But still, gates is pretty amazing,

ReputationRep:
    Gates went from dropping out of university to being the most financially successful man in the world for a decade. In terms of business, it's hard to be a better entrepreneur than that.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldnt say inventors are entrepeneurs as such, they get rich cause they invented something doesnt make them good entrepeneurs.

People like

Carlos Slim (Current world richest man according to Forbes)
    Richard Branson

Come high on my list

ReputationRep:
    Henry Ford or John D. Rockefeller.

ReputationRep:
    Not the worlds greatest, but the guy who created the million dollar webpage had a pretty good idea and was successful

but for worlds greatest It'd be Richard Branson, the man owns an island ffs

ReputationRep:
    Easily JK Rowling.

She whipped out her own diary from her time at boarding school, changed a few names, added in random pages from a Dungeons & Dragons manual, pumped it full of teenage hormones and sold it to the world, and became a multi-millionaire.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fusion)
    Well, the founder of Standard Oil (Rockerferller) is said to have been the wealthiest man in recent history, and this was over 100 years ago.
    This.

Rockefeller.

ReputationRep:
    Ingvar Kamprad, founder and owner of IKEA.
    Said to be 11th wealthiest man in the world according to Forbes's ranking from 2010.

ReputationRep:
    Andrew Carnegie.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think there is a single greatest, but a few are probably JK Rowling (i.e she never gave up trying to get her book published), Mark Zuckerberg (yes the idea wasn't his, but he took the opportunity to do it faster than others could), Bill Gates and Richard Branson.

ReputationRep:
    William Procter and James Gamble for, naturally, Procter & Gamble.
    They started selling just soap and candles and now the company has 127,000 employees and made $78.9 billion last year. Pretty impressive.

Thomas Edison :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rajveers)
    there have been so many big entrepreneurs, but who is/was the biggest of em all?
    notice the "was"
    Dhirubhai Ambani

ReputationRep:
    From a purely economic viewpoint, Jesus Christ. (I am going to get so much flak for this)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dogatonic)
    From a purely economic viewpoint, Jesus Christ. (I am going to get so much flak for this)
    I lol'd.

A truly not-for-profit entrepreneurial genius.

ReputationRep:
    That one has to go to Bill Gates. The richest man in the world for over a decade and the first man who's wealth surpassed $100 billion (albeit briefly) in 1999. Sure, Branson and Trump have the charisma and are probably more popular but for Gates to dominate the computer software market for as long as he has, surely makes him the worlds greatest entrepreneur. I am sure, however that there are quite a few more like him to come - keep an eye out for Mark Zukerberg (if you haven't been already!)

ReputationRep:
    I am going to throw Steve Jobs' name into the ring.

The guy has turned the fortunes of a failing company into the biggest in its sector in just over a decade, and his business strategy is second to none right now.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 23, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.