Turn on thread page Beta

Weightlifting every day for a week? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I have a week off with not a lot to do! I've been hitting the gym for the last 3-4 months and had some improvement but not loads. Was thinking I might do heavy weights for a week but do alternate muscle groups every other day. Anythoughts on this? Is this too much or should I rest some days? My aim is to add as much muscle as I can before I get married in June! - prefeably with not too much fat!

Just thought seen as I have the time to spend in the gym might as well hit the weights and try and improve as much as I can for a week and then hit the sauna etc and treat it like i'm on holiday or something ...lol.

I know you need recovery time etc but just wondering what the best way to make use of a full week with nothing to do other than hit the gym...

What would you do?:confused:

ReputationRep:
    starting strength

ReputationRep:
    Not sure....40 kilos bench press roughly. Is that what you mean?

ReputationRep:
    Also, was thinking of doin 7 days of spilt training as I am able to everyday. Maybe working each group twice over the course of the week?

ReputationRep:
    Best of snakes...just googled starting strength. Thanks for that, know what you mean now! Ta.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by McSunny100)
    Best of snakes...just googled starting strength. Thanks for that, know what you mean now! Ta.
    5 times a week is more than enough. And if your isolating then its best to do each muscle group once a week.

Your not going to see any improvements in 1 week. Takes time.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.