Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Boyfriend is breaking my heart watch

ReputationRep:
    7months in should be the honeymoon period!
    if it's already this bad and youre this unhappy, then it's sad, but you need to move on.
    see if he makes any effort to get you back.

ReputationRep:
    Please just walk away. Whats the point if hes causing you all this agony. Regardless of whether people on tsr think what hes doing is that bad or not if its upsetting you & distressing you then thats what counts. Leave him and move on, this will cause you alot less pain in the long run

*hugs* you can do alot better, you obviously have alot to give to a good relationship, why shouldnt you be with someone willing to give just as much back?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Because I don't know whether what he's doing is even that bad, if you know what I mean.
    Ermm.. yes, it is. Stop blaming yourself, and leave him. He doesn't deserve a girl who is trying hard to make a relationship work alone by herself.

ReputationRep:
    tell him this, see what happens. If nothing changes, dump him :[ It's for the best

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one who wants to know what his hobby is? Is it strippers, or crack, or golf?

ReputationRep:
    Is this ''hobby'' WoW?

ReputationRep:
    If he's not willing to appreciate your efforts properly, find someone else that will.

ReputationRep:
    This is what happened with my ex and I. There was no u-turn. We had been together for 7 months and things went down the drain for no reason. He didn't change despite my best efforts at making things work. I did everything from giving him space to playing hard to get to acting like everything is normal and talking things through with him. In the end I realised that he was just an a-hole.
    Get rid of him. It is not your fault, you haven't done anything wrong. The thing with guys like this is that they piss you off so much by being douches that when you say something about it they act like you are crazy and overreacting.
    I think you should just get rid and move on to someone who will appreciate you more and make some effort.
    Good luck!xxx
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Hun, you are making all the effort, he does not deserve you! You haven't done anything wrong so please don't say that, i know me saying this now probably won't make you believe that cos it sounds like you've got it stuck in your head. You need to let him go because, whatever this hobby is, he's putting it before you and not treating you right! When (if ever) was the last time he came to see you? Give him an ultimatum.. Either he starts making the effort, or you'll find someone who will! I know it's hard but you clearly aren't happy, so you need to think about yourself and what is best for you!

ReputationRep:
    Coz he been listening to Taio Cruz.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by in_vogue)
    Is this ''hobby'' WoW?
    lol! I thought this.

OP..... You should talk to him about it and if he's not willing to fight for you then he's not worth it, he's obviously not trying hard enough! If the relationship is going to work he needs to see your upset by it and change his ways, if he doesn't well say goodbye! It's only going to hurt you more in the end. Don't settle for someone that won't put in the effort and treat you properly!

"They be falling like the rain so we aint running out
    Falling like the rain so we aint running out
    Falling like the rain so we aint running out
    Oh its raining men girl what you worried 'bout "

Sorry i'm listening to Rihanna

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MearsM)
    Sometimes it lasts in love, but sometimes it hurts instead
    Woah, that was weird... literally just scrolled across your post as I was listening to those exact lyrics.

:iiam:

ReputationRep:
    Me and my boyfriend have been together for 7 months. At first everything was great, he was sweet and made me feel safe. For the first time I felt like someone was actually crazy about me.

But now things have gone sour He lives a 2 hour train/bus ride away, and it is always me that does this. It costs money yes, but I don't mind doing that. What bothers me, is that he doesn't appreciate the time and effort I take to see him. We talked about it the other day and he said, "to be honest, I couldn't do that travelling that you do. " Basically saying, that the effort I make is the only thing that's carrying on the relationship....I feel totally lost. He doesn't make the effort for me that I make for him. I feel like I'm not special enough or something.

Next, it has become apparent that he's a child. He wastes all his money on a particular hobby he does, leaving no cash for me and him to go out together. He also spends all his time doing this hobby, and when we both start working more, this will make it harder to see each other. This makes it more worrying for me, because I would have to make the effort seeing as he doesn't even do it now....I don't think I can do it on my own

He even said that when he starts working we might break up, but we should "just enjoy the right now."

I don't get sweet texts anymore. When he does talk to me he says nothing sweet or anything. He talks to me as if I'm just anyone.

But the worst part is, I feel like it's my fault. I've had a lot of arguments with him about him not making effort for me, and he thinks me arguing with him is treating him bad.

UGH advice please people.
    You think it's okay to dominate a man's hobbies? What's wrong with you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MearsM)
    Sometimes it lasts in love, but sometimes it hurts instead
    i officially love you because you know that

ReputationRep:
    I really hate to tell you this (I was in a similar situation a few months ago) but dump him before he hurts you any more. My ex did this to me and basically had no money/time for me and was in general a complete **** and waste of my time, leaving me hanging out till the end until he dumped me over the phone.

Honestly, there are better and lovelier people out there who will treat you how you deserve to be treated. Don't stand for this boy's crap one bit.

ReputationRep:
    Get out, because if it drags on any longer you'll feel worse.

Take control - talk to him. And if he doesn't want to change or make any effort then cut your losses.

There are men out there who actually make time for their girlfriends. Don't waste your precious time on someone who can't be bothered.

It's heartbreaking, draining and depressing being in a one-sided relationship.

ReputationRep:
    Tick the "make post anonymously".

He said that because I work weekends, he wants work in the week. AND when he gets work, his spare time will be spent on his hobby, he won't have the time or cash to see me.
    Does he play warhammer by any chance??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by salement)
    Your relationship is coming to an end...
    This

I know it must hurt to think about splitting up, as you sound like you still love him quite a lot. BUT it seems that you are doing all the hard work and your bf is showing no appreciation what so ever. When he says he wants to 'enjoy right now' or w/e he obv means he wants to be single, maybe sleep around a little bit and NOT get tied down into a serious relationship. The sooner you break it off the sooner you can start getting on with your own life.

You'll get over him, trust me.

ReputationRep:
    He's an idiot. Dump him. Give him a good kick up the bum (metaphorically).

ReputationRep:
    He's using you as a platform as something to do until something 'better' comes along. Dump

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 25, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.