Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

For those going to Uni watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Going on holiday with my best friend for two weeks to Disneyland Florida as soon as exams are finished!
    Then spending the rest of time possibly going on holiday with the family, hitting the gym, reading loads and watching as many films as possible.
    Got to spend time with friends as well, so road trips and general going out / partying must be planned.
    Also try to get a job (babysitting money is not going to get me through uni!)

ReputationRep:
    few festivals (reading and possibly a fwe smaller ones) then i have no idea.. gonna have no money left, will probably be bored :/

ReputationRep:
    I'll get a part time job. Don't want to waste the whole summer though, 2-3 days a week maybe to get a bit more money and take my mind of results day. I'm trying to get a holiday booked with friends but thats yet to happen.
    I'll probabaly look through FP2-4 text books as well so I don't feel so behind once I get there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by giantlemon)
    . go to turisas gig that has been postponed.
    Class band :top:

ReputationRep:
    Generally spending all my money on 3 weeks in Italy and a week in Cornwall trying to not think about results day!

Going to be to very very skint for uni wahey.

ReputationRep:
    My final exam is June 23rd, as of then work 5/6 days a week (get the monies in for uni) up until Reading Festival.

Obvs the odd nights at the pub included etc.

Fun, fun, fun.

ReputationRep:
    Work hopefully, nice 2 weeks holiday if i can, new laptop

ReputationRep:
    Not much - hopefully either get a job or volunteer at a charity shop to get some experience. However next summer I'm looking into doing Camp America

ReputationRep:
    interrailing! boom

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by youfat*******)
    Class band :top:
    hopefully going kitted up too. i know last time they were in norwich someone brought a horn they kept blowing while every shouted "Horn of Gondor!". Totally awesome.

ReputationRep:
    Work to save some money for uni, that is if I find a job

ReputationRep:
    Work, decide whether or not to stay with my girlfriend, cry, kill myself, etc.

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully going to get a Summer job, though it's not looking nicely. If I don't, I'll spend most of my free time on Xbox 360 (making up for time lost between now and June 27th), having panic attacks about my A Level results and annoying my Mum. Then Results, hopefully followed by mass celebrations. Then a week of recovery ahead of Reading.

Funny thing is that between Reading and the start of my course at UEA, it's a friggin' month. So I'm going to have THREE MONTHS to play with. :/

ReputationRep:
    Set up a new digital marketing company, bank around 5 or 6 gs, sell it if i can

Build and test my super stealth hydroponic cannabis grow box ready for uni.

Smoke weed everyday cus its summer booyyaaa

Get an online portfolio and dribbble account sorted

Need to purchase some tech for uni:
    Netbook cus i hate gettin out of bed
    Upgrade Desktop
    Buy a new 20" screen
    Build a media centre cus dvds are for suckers

Then ive gotta fill up the media centre which will be 2-4TB so roughly 1000 Movies and then my favourite tv series and music.

Get my tattoo sleeve done

Work out and tone up a little bit more

Get my driving liscence

Hopefully get my first brietling

Go out and do social stuff at least 3 days a week

ReputationRep:
    Before I went to uni I had this big plan to work in my two jobs, get in 50 hours of volunteering and see my friends as much as possible. It was a bit ambitious I ended up quitting one of my jobs in July because I couldn't juggle them both, working in the shop LOADS, didn't get any volunteering done and hardly saw my friends, except after results day when there was this sudden realisation that everyone was actually leaving in less than a month and then it was a bit hectic. I also spent a lot of time shopping lol!

This summer it looks like I'm gonna be working and volunteering. Working a lot hopefully because I wanna get a house to rent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boo!xx)
    going to italy with my friends

/Why was I negged? :[
    I don't know why you are being negged so i gave you rep sounds nice, i've been to the north of Italy campervanning. great holiday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JakeNielen)
    I don't know why you are being negged so i gave you rep sounds nice, i've been to the north of Italy campervanning. great holiday
    Edit: I'm going to crete for a week, amsterdam for a few days, working for a month and then possibly creamfields.

Also thinking about inter railing but expense may hold me back tbh :/

ReputationRep:
    UK road trip, T in the Park, Edinburgh Fringe, Leeds Fest

and probably spending too much money, and live off f*** all for freshers

ReputationRep:
    For the first week I'm just going to just relax - actually read a book I enjoy without feeling guilty for not revising or not doing anything productive!

I'm going to join a French class (if I can), if not teach myself some! My courses are for people who are at GCSE level but I want to scrub up and perhaps be a bit ahead in the French language.

Also, join the gym again. I haven't had time for it for about a year so I'm going to make room and hopefully go everyday

When I actually turn 18 (not until July 14th :rolleyes:), I'm going to just go out in town until I'm bored.

Maybe get a job (part-time jobs are scarce around where i live though) and save some money for University.
    Lastly, hope my parents book a holiday somewhere... my friends couldn't afford to go away which sucks but that's not their fault. Don't want to go partying on holiday... just want to relax and get a tan

ReputationRep:
    working, seeing my friends, partying hard, day trips, and getting excited about going to uni

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.