Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I think I've gone from being bullied to a bully........? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aminaubah)
    Good for you! I can't stop being bullied :/
    Stop feeling sorry for yourself and rise above it. The more you get down about it, the more the bullies will latch onto you. Bullies always go for the insecure one.

ReputationRep:
    I reckon you need to come to the realization that being a **** will not make up for the bullying you endured at school.

Look to become a better a person, don't be like them.

ReputationRep:
    Guys, he does realise he's not doing the right thing. Yeah okay, a lot of people go through bullying but there are different levels and it affects everyone differently. OP, I don't think you need counselling for that; you just need a strong will to stop yourself from making others feel the way you felt in the past for no reason. Just, stand up for yourself when you need to.

ReputationRep:
    No it doesn't necessarily mean that you need counselling, you just need to lighten up & stop taking things so seriously.

You obviously know that what you're doing is wrong so next time when someone says something to you which you think is insulting & you want to push you're weight against them & let them know that you 'won't take no **** from no-one' then stop & think, no, I'm not going to let what they say affect me, I'm just going to not give a ****, be the better man, & walk away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T-Toe)
    Ohhh now you're cyber bullying?
    Cyber bullying is serious business, don't you forget it.

No seriously, don't forget that or I'll beat you up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pedrobear)
    Cyber bullying is serious business, don't you forget it.

No seriously, don't forget that or I'll beat you up.
    You talking to me or the OP?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dee-bee1994)
    ni.g.g.a.s
    :lolwut: Oh I see you have 11 warning points, at least you will dissapear soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T-Toe)
    You talking to me or the OP?
    Um, you or him or... neither. just don't hit me

ReputationRep:
    It sucks being bullied - I was through primary school, so by secondary school I immediately went on the offensive as soon as anyone said anything wrong. Being defensive stops you from being bullied further, but it doesn't help you make allies.

I found that even if you do react OTT then take a breath and apologies, and maybe just say it's reactionary to what happened. If they are your friends they will understand. You do just have to monitor your actions and mood for a few weeks, and eventually it becomes natural to not react. Keep telling yourself they aren't having a dig at you.

Hope you are able to mellow and sort it all out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So when I was at school, I got bullied pretty badly bth mentally and physically and betrayed by several people. I couldn't understand as all I ever was, was nice and respectful to people. I was also small and defenceless and just had to suck it up.

However, now Im 6"2 and have gt considerably bigger, I just try to physically intimidate a lot of men and try to assert my dominance over them and I will just get angry for no reason. If anyone says the slightest thing, even banter, I just immediately retaliate and don't take any ****. Also, if I play someone at sport, I dont just want to beat them, I want to humiliate them! I don't like who I've become but I always have that little kid in the back of my mind from school and how Im determined not to let that happen again. Do you reckon I need counselling or something
    Inferiority complex?

It's not as if the people you are aggressive towards are the same people that bullied you. You should remain respectful and nice to other people, because I doubt you liked being bullied, so why partake in the same activity?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B-Man.)
    :lolwut: Oh I see you have 11 warning points, at least you will dissapear soon.
    true dat... this is my target!!!!!!! lol lmao lolocaust spaghetti lolonaise roflcopter lolgasm

(Original post by elstevens)
    I was bullied and I have never, nor would I ever, bully other people. Why is she ignorant for pointing out that not everyone feels the need to carry on the bullying? It's not a rule that we have to bully others if we've been bullied ourselves.
    The best form of defence is attack

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LornaSandison1)
    Stop feeling sorry for yourself and rise above it. The more you get down about it, the more the bullies will latch onto you. Bullies always go for the insecure one.
    True, but what if they just target you all the time, even when you aren't even in a conversation with them?

(Original post by Keckers)
    So you're using the fact you were bullied as an excuse for being a ****?

Nice one.
    So, you're just a **** naturally.....nice one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aminaubah)
    True, but what if they just target you all the time, even when you aren't even in a conversation with them?
    Ignore. Laugh. Walk away. It sounds really old school saying "ignore them," "laugh at them" or whatever, but it works. I guess people expect you to get into a fight or an argument, but they're stupid. You can never win an argument with a bully (even if your argument is clearly the better one).

ReputationRep:
    The best form of defence is attack
    ...Against the bullies themselves, not other people! Don't use your past as an excuse for ruining the lives of others, no matter how good it makes you feel.

ReputationRep:
    Imagine if Casey Haynes took this approach. People would be scared to go out of their houses!

ReputationRep:
    Obv you havent been bullied then yu ignorant *****
    I was. You are quite vile arent you? Have councilling if you want it but its cheaper to stop being a nasty, bad tempered ****.

ReputationRep:
    If you were bullied then you know how horrible it feels. That makes you twice as bad for doing it, you're an *******.

ReputationRep:
    Many people who have been bullied in the past go on to become bullies, its a reaction to avoid being a victim again, instead going on the offensive and taking that role before anyone else can and making you feel that awful again.
    However even though I can see how, you have to think back to how you felt back then,and how your actions are making people feel now. It may take a bit of time, but your going to have to try and just take a breathand just stop when your in a situation where you might become that person.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 20, 2011
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.