Turn on thread page Beta

You'd only find this on a racist forum lol.... watch

ReputationRep:
    What's more worrying about forums like stormfront and ummah (sp?) which is a muslim forum I occasionally frequent, is how normal the people seem, in fact they seem quite nice until BOOM! Something just knocks you out of the water.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geekay1)
    okok i see
    im from a ghetto as you so kindly put it
    i can speak with good grammar
    or bad grammar
    just because im not as privileged as you and not white does not mean i have crap grammar
    and a lot of white people use slang and are all over these hip-hop websites
    That's great that your use English language is good, I guess that would put you in the upper percentiles of what ever community you live in.

The point I was making is that a lot of inner city black people in deprived areas don't really have a good command of the English language (standard English) and this is reflected in their academic achievement. That's not to say all inner city black people have a poor grasp of the English language but if one were to compare groups on a normal distribution I think young black british people might fall short of the other groups

To go and laugh at people who are trying to actually improve their English is a bit short sighted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Selkarn)
    I once signed up, made a single post, and got banned. 2 minutes of my life wasted

A lot of that site is a load of crap, but I do think that it highlights a problem we have in society. I've grown up in a deprived area of the country, in the inner city. I've always felt that there has been a serious neglect of white working class children. Kids of other races have close communities, religion, idols to look up to, have lots of support groups and things like affirmative action to make life easier for them. It seems like white working class kids don't have any of them, they have nothing.

I've thankfully grown up around that, because my family are quite affluent and are not truly working class, I'm at a top UK university and so far have outstanding qualifications. But I do see it as anti-white racism, it's just the people in power, growing up in the suburbs or boarding schools haven't experienced it first hand, and never will understand.

I've never seen or heard any racism, but I've been a victim of anti-white racism (just two black thugs obviously jealous because I'm actually doing something with my life). Of course, nobody would do anything about it, because the state has anti-white agenda.
    I don't think the state has an anti white agenda. Even if you think in terms of voting power non-whites are that big a demographic. I do agree though, poor white folk should be covered by positive discrimination with the same ridiculous zealousness that other forms of pos. discrim. are used (or we could calm the whole thing down a bit which would be lovely).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whyumadtho)
    I don't think it's fair to assume a post on the Internet necessarily reflects the real life intelligence or eloquence of the individual. Speaking in slang may simply be a matter of fitting in, as opposed to being the peak of the individual's English.
    It's well known that inner city black pupils under perform the asian and white people academically, I personally find that the way some of them speak is a a good reflection. The issues are occasionally highlighted by the media when Ofsted reports are released.

I was fascinated when I was driving the other day and just happened to catch BBC London 94.9, I have actually found the clip on the BBC website:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...tz_24_03_2011/

2: 29 :30 to 2: 41 :23

If you can't see a difference between the pupils that were interviewed by Eddie and those that were interviewed by Vanessa then God help us all.

ReputationRep:
    In a thread whats your heritage? -
    Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, French, "Germanic", and Greek. I tell people I'm Spanish though because I like my Spanish side the most. Plus, my entire name is of Iberian origin. (Iberian: Spain, Portugal, and Andorra.)
    Nope, can't get more white than that.

Unlike you my heritage is very bland, I am almost solely Anglo-English, that is barring ym great grandmother who was Chinese, she was a total disgrace to my family as she once burnt my grandfathers arm badly with an iron and used to regularly beat her children. I am now an Australian citizen and thus percieve that to be an assimilated part of my heritage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babygirl110)
    It's well known that inner city black pupils under perform the asian and white people academically, I personally find that the way some of them speak is a a good reflection. The issues are occasionally highlighted by the media when Ofsted reports are released.

I was fascinated when I was driving the other day and just happened to catch BBC London 94.9, I have actually found the clip on the BBC website:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...tz_24_03_2011/

2: 29 :30 to 2: 41 :23

If you can't see a difference between the pupils that were interviewed by Eddie and those that were interviewed by Vanessa then God help us all.
    I find many inner-city students in general speak like that, irrespective of their intellect or race. It is a reflection of the individual's environment, which is often working class, not intelligence. Even at university I rarely find somebody from an inner-city background who doesn't incorporate traits of slang or local dialect into everyday speech. Someone with received pronounciation and eloquence is not necessarily more intelligent than somebody who incorporates slang in everyday speech.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not being funny OP but at least they are making an effort to improve their grammar unlike some black people. I bet you my last pound that if you go on hip hop whatever websites you will find people communicating in slang language because that's all they know. I'd be more concerned with what is going on within my own ethnic group rather than what racists are doing. I honestly feel like screaming whenever I have to enter London Ghettos, shame really.
    excuse me what is wrong with slang ? you are speaking the truth by the way but you do no that english was once considered a slang

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dennisraymondsmith)
    excuse me what is wrong with slang ? you are speaking the truth by the way but you do no that english was once considered a slang
    and i doubt its all they no...cockneys speak slang no one ever seems to kick up a fuss about them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dennisraymondsmith)
    Okay, I shouldn't have used the slang term, I should have said that I meet a lot of black british people who do not have a good command of the English language and don't seem able to converse in standard English. The funny thing is that English is meant to be their first and only language

Stormfront website in racist content shocka.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else feel like a TSR raid on stormfront?

ReputationRep:
    I find many inner-city students in general speak like that, irrespective of their intellect or race. It is a reflection of the individual's environment, which is often working class, not intelligence. Even at university I rarely find somebody from an inner-city background who doesn't incorporate traits of slang or local dialect into everyday speech. Someone with received pronounciation and eloquence is not necessarily more intelligent than somebody who incorporates slang in everyday speech.
    I never once said they are any more or less intelligent than others. The main point I was making and would like to reiterate it is that; it's better to look at ones own grouping before laughing at another. At least those racist people are trying to address an issue which is setting them back in their campaign, more than can be said of those laughing at them.

Also, underachievement does not mean a person lacks intelligence, it means that they are not achieving to their full potential, i.e. that person could be more effective.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.stormfront.org/forum/t783386/

Oh my gosh.

ReputationRep:
    I never once said they are any more or less intelligent than others. The main point I was making and would like to reiterate it is that; it's better to look at ones own grouping before laughing at another. At least those racist people are trying to address an issue which is setting them back in their campaign, more than can be said of those laughing at them.

Also, underachievement does not mean a person lacks intelligence, it means that they are not achieving to their full potential, i.e. that person could be more effective.
    I don't feel comparison of a race to a racist group is appropriate, nor do I feel the proponent's point is influenced by the prospect that they share the same trait that they criticise, as that would be tu quoque. In any case, I feel the initial statement was ridiculing the irony that extreme nationalists and racists were not fluent in the language of the country they feel belongs to them exclusively.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BruinsFan91)
    Its storm font what do you expect. THat forum is funny just seeing how stupid british Fash are. They actually have a Tolkein section explaining how LOTR is a story of the white peoples united against the barbaric hordes...

If you go on there remember to use a proxy.
    Why use a proxy? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    In any case, I feel the initial statement was ridiculing the irony that extreme nationalists and racists were not fluent in the language of the country they feel belongs to them exclusively.
    Okay, fair point.

ReputationRep:
    Its storm font what do you expect. THat forum is funny just seeing how stupid british Fash are. They actually have a Tolkein section explaining how LOTR is a story of the white peoples united against the barbaric hordes...
    Nyah, quite a few critics try to connect Lord of the Rings with racism.

If you go on there remember to use a proxy.
    To add my voice in with the rest, why?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    Why haven't the /b/tards on 4chan wiped it off the face of the Internet yet?
    A lot of the work anonymous does is about protecting the freedom of speech on the web.

Taking down an outlet for certain views would go against that.

Also, OP, even I don't go on stormfront and I do quite a lot of research into far right groups in the UK and europe.
    I'm certainly not going to go on it while using university internet either!
    That said, I did accidentally find myself about to be taken there from google images once (which was odd because I wasn't googling anything overly controversial!) it didn't come up in my browser history at all so I think i'm fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by therealOG)
    Okay, I was casually surfing Stormfront (a racist White supremacist forum) as you do,
    oh right, we all casually surf racist websites, don't we?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone screamed GRAMMAR NAZI yet? :rolleyes:

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.