The Student Room Group

What do you look for in student life at university?

I'm looking at choosing some universities to apply to soon. What things did you (and should I) look for?

Also, I recently visited Exeter and loved it! What universities have a similar student life and feel, i.e. what unis are similar in terms of people, nightlife, the city/location etc.

Any help is great!
A good student union and places to go and just sit and chill.
My halls and uni campus are miles away from the student union and there is no cafe or social space where you can just go to chill, which I think would have made uni a whole lot better. I think for people who live closer to the SU they must have a much better time. We have pubs but your hardly gonna go and sit in the pub in the middle of the day on the off chance you might bump into someone but in a SU cafe/bar you can do that :smile:
Original post by george424
I'm looking at choosing some universities to apply to soon. What things did you (and should I) look for?

The whole area - town / city, do you like it? does it buzz? can you imagine yourself living there for 3 years? how far away from home is it?

what are the halls like? what is my course like? potentially league tables. etc.

have you fallen in love?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending