Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have a lazy eye never really had any problems with people staring at me or saying anything, but I do feel awkward making eye contact with people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04ayasin)
    I have a lazy eye never really had any problems with people staring at me or saying anything, but I do feel awkward making eye contact with people.
    Probably not as awkward as the people making eye contact with you, not that anyone would talk to you about that because they wouldnt want to offend.

ReputationRep:
    Well this puts most of people's 'issue' threads to shame.
    I'd be a bit taken a back as it's not a common sight, but wouldn't really care in the end.

ReputationRep:
    scary! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I'd probably be shocked because I wouldn't have expected it. Then get worried in case I look like I'm staring, and I wouldn't want to make you feel uncomfortable.

But otherwise you have gorgeous hair, so I'd probably just have my whole ohmygod why don't I have red hair moment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VictoriaG)
    I could probably get glass eyes with stuff on them if I wanted. I'm meant to wear an eye painted like an eye (but it gave me low self esteem) .
    Do you mind me asking why it gave you low esteem?

I mean I am sure there is many different and cool designs to choose from.

Oh and you are pretty (although I am sure you already know that).

ReputationRep:
    Basically... Cancer- remove eye- be given painted eye for x years- become unhappy with unpainted eye- get clear eye- time passes- post threads on tsr.
    Why didn't you get a false eye that matches your other one?

Or do you mean they only removed part of it?

ReputationRep:
    It's a long story with the painted eye.. basically I had big issues with it, stumbled into a depressive state, not good.
    with this unpainted one do you have the outline of an iris and pupil at all or is it literally a ball of glass/silicone(what ever they use to make them). The flash of the camera makes it seem like the left eye does have an iris outline but I'm not sure if it's be being crazy.

Anyway..honestly I probably would be drawn to looking at it, even when in conversation, simply because I've never seen anyone with an eye like that. However that's not a negative thing, as my friend says(and hey she's a girl to same sex compliments!) you're still gorgeous/beautiful etc, I am in agreement. After a while I'd just become used to it as a feature of yours and if you were ok about it it may become a source of light hearted humour about depth perception and such....Though that would need careful analysis as although personally I'm fine with people commenting on my insoles or clumsiness related to dyspraxia, the lose of an eye is a much bigger deal and you might not find such things amusing..or pretend you to, but really being hurt.

ReputationRep:
    i think it looks really pretty like that, i'd be more curious than anything else in regards to your eye (i obviously wouldn't ask you unless i was chatting to you anyway and it came up) and i definitely wouldn't be disgusted (but you'd have to be prepared for ignorant morons making rude comments, because there are people out there like that). i love your hair colour by the way!

by the way people stare because they are curious, it's human nature most people can't help it (especially more noticable with children who have no idea of what is and isn't "allowed" socially). i'm not going to lie i saw a man with two holes in his head and i tried not to stare but my eyes kept glancing at him. i didn't mean anything negative by it and most people don't. if you see people staring don't let it bother you.

ReputationRep:
    in all honesty I'd just be curious for like a second and then turn my attention to that gorgeous hair colour instead!!you look really good with that elvis quiff thing going on

ReputationRep:
    Brave.I would find it a little strange [curiosity-lasting nothing more than few seconds].As mentioned light year times already,you look pretty.Don't let the awkwardness of people put you on the low edge.
    Personality,is what matters.
    P.S Ignore troll pms

ReputationRep:
    Because it's clear, so it sort of reflects the light?
    just wondering what does it look like without the fake eye in? and also in the future do you know if theyll be able to do full eye transplants like from donated organs?

ReputationRep:
    Basically I want HONEST and unbiased opinions..

What would you think if you saw me with my hair all swept back (see pictures below) walking down the street

Would you find it disturbing, weird, disgusting, unacceptable?
    Or perhaps would you find it interesting, different, refreshing, acceptable?
    Would you find it shocking or would you want to stop and stare?
    Or would you really not be bothered by it whatsoever.

Feel free to PM me and ask questions.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...G/DSC_0452.jpg
    http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t..._0111edit1.jpg

(2nd picture is for a media project, which is why it's so edited)
    I like it, you don't get through life without a few scars

I'd be curious but then I'd ask if you wanted to go for a coffee or something. You look great. The eye isn't foul, it's unique, and makes you even more attractive.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    I think if I were to pass by you, face to face, I'd have a double take just to make sure that I did see correctly, and then just keep walking. It doesn't bother me, even when the pictures came up, didn't even blink. I think I'd be curious as to what was up, but regardless I think you are absolutely gorgeous! Wanna go out on a date some time? Would be my pleasure!

ReputationRep:
    Id defo look twice but then just carry on walking. It's really not bad. The only reason id be looking twice is because Ive never seen anything like it before

If it were down the street I'd be taken aback but hide it.

If I were to talk to you or have to look at you in the face I might be sick or run off.
    However, this is exclusively only because I am deeply afraid of strange eyes. If it were some other odd feature that did not affect your eye I would have no problem at all - and I doubt many people would match why reaction due to my personal circumstances.

Eye aside, you are *shudder* beautiful.

ReputationRep:
    my first thought would probably be woah that's big hair lol

but in all seriousness i'd think it refreshing and that you had balls

kudos

ReputationRep:

What would you think if you saw me with my hair all swept back (see pictures below) walking down the street

i luv it! i keep trying to pull this look off but cant but you sure can, luv the colour too and i would worry too much about that other people say i used to but then i relised how much i was missing out on! do what you want and wear what you want you'll have more fun x

ReputationRep:

I don't know about others but I would be perfectly fine with it, I had a lodger in my house for 2 years with one eye so I'm quite used to it.

The only people who might have a problem is children as they're not used to unusual things (and don't know how to react other than by shouting), my 7 year old sister asks me every week why I'm a different colour to everyone else in the family...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 26, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.