Turn on thread page Beta

What would you think if.. (Pictures included) watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VictoriaG)
    I'm sorry if I've offended you.
    Dont apologise .... Ever
    If i ever seen ur face on the street, first that pops into my mind u are pretty girl

The only thing i would thought about ur eye was what had happened to you. I just probraly the just think about that

Never say sorry to anyone, if they cant dealt wirh that **** them

Peace out sis
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wow that really takes guts to do that! You want my honest opinion? I was momentarily shocked but in no way did i find it 'disturbing' or 'weird'. You must be an incredibly strong person and i really admire that! You're really pretty by the way

ReputationRep:
    what's up wiv the eye?

ReputationRep:
    I'd be like 'wow, coooool', then I'd ask loads of questions about it. It's fascinating, in a good way.

But yeah, I agree with the majority on this thread. You're pretty and do what you want, if how you look bothers people then they're not worth knowing.

ReputationRep:
    some people will stare/whisper/point etc. because its natural for some people. because it's unusual. there will always be the odd one.
    you're really pretty though.
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Study Helper
    Adding onto what I said before...I just noticed...Your eye's the same colour as mine are...now you're even more beautiful to me!
    Stay strong, the confidence is sexy!

ReputationRep:
    oh my ****ing god

lulz. joke.

id find it cool, probably stare wanting to know more.

ReputationRep:
    Why is everyone on this thread lying? 'oh I'd stare but only 'cause your amazingly super hot etcc11!'
    Yes, she is really pretty, but you'd definitely look at the eye first. It's natural to look at things that are a bit different, there's no point in lying.. you'd have to be very strange to not notice. (I'm not trying to be offensive here, i'm just sayin' that's what most people would do. Doesn't mean they'd be disgusted, obviously, only ***** would be disgusted)
    I'd probably just think 'oh, that girl only has one eye. time to get on with my day'

That said, I think your hair definitely looks better up than with the fringe, so I say go for it.
    Oh, and I hope the treatment worked and you're all healthy and whatnot now (dunno if you've said already, but I cba to read the entire thread)

ReputationRep:
    I also like how the term 'the eye' is being used in this thread, 'THE eye' like, it's some sort of super eye that has it's own comic book and film. surely 'your eye' makes more sense. but oh well, I much prefer 'THE EYE' it's more dramatic. Gunna start referring to my body parts in this way ' THE TORSO' 'THE HEAD' etc

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the courage. some people hesitate to go out when they're having a bad hair day. i think you'll make them deservedly ashamed. take care.

ReputationRep:
    I'll do a double take but I wouldn't find it that bad.

Still hot so idc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmae)
    Do you mind me asking why it gave you low esteem?

I mean I am sure there is many different and cool designs to choose from.
    The make an eye which is painted specifically for you to match your other eye, although my eye colour changed so much, it never matched, the false eye always looked dead, I felt incredibly ugly, even when no one could see it.

(Original post by insoms)
    Why didn't you get a false eye that matches your other one?
    I have about 10 false eyes (they need to be changed as the socket changed shape) but just less than a year ago I stopped wearing the false eyes after an operation, because I'd had enough of feeling incredibly uncomfortable in my own skin.

(Original post by joey11223)
    with this unpainted one do you have the outline of an iris and pupil at all or is it literally a ball of glass/silicone(what ever they use to make them). The flash of the camera makes it seem like the left eye does have an iris outline but I'm not sure if it's be being crazy.
    It's just clear, no paint.

(Original post by Bellissima)
    just wondering what does it look like without the fake eye in? and also in the future do you know if theyll be able to do full eye transplants like from donated organs?
    I know they can't transplant whole eyes now, and I'm not sure if I'd want one, it'd be weird seeing with two eyes. What do you mean what does it look like with the fake eye in? Do you mean my socket? It's just all tissue, which because my eye is clear, you can sort of see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinda.college)
    what's up wiv the eye?
    Lost it to cancer.

ReputationRep:
    ...'s a shame. Glad you beat cancer in the end thought so good on ya.

there are people with much worse out there and I respect that you were able to beat cancer and are brave enough not to hide the results like most would.

that being said it did strike me like " woah hang on a second " when i saw the picture. But your face is very pretty and i dont think that any one worth while would be disgusted by you.

ReputationRep:
    you aint beautiful to be fair. you're ok.

and i would stare at the eye, because its different and as i said, cool in a way. wouldnt stare at you for your looks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    What the hell is up with your eye? :lolwut:
    Lol @ the negs, everyone was thinking it... This thread is ridiculous, everyone is just trying to avoid getting neg rep it's hilarious :teehee: Bloody white knights.

ReputationRep:
    Well, you're unusual, because you're clearly very hot. I usually hate girls with hair like that but it does suit you. It also shows you have a balls-out attitude as regards your eye thing and that sort of attitude is attractive.

ReputationRep:
    Some nasty comments on here...
    You look good OP.

ReputationRep:
    I'd be curious more than anything, but it's not my business so I wouldn't do anything about it or stare.

If I met you somewhere and we were chatting I would have probably asked about it, but cautiously as to not cause offence.

I do have a lot of respect for you but unfortunately there are loads of *****es out there.

ReputationRep:
    You will be fine. Anyone ridicules you....... Tell them to sod off

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 26, 2011
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.