Turn on thread page Beta

What would you think if.. (Pictures included) watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stayfitfreek)
    Im just curious how come you chose a clear eye? I don't know much about eyes but I think I would have got one to match the other as close as possible. To answer the question if I saw you in the street I would simply think 'oh she must have lost an eye' but other than the eye I would assume you were totally normal and wouldnt think much.
    The eye that 'matched' my real eye basically made me feel ugly, went into a bit of a depressive state, low self esteem, until I stopped wearing my eye after an op for a month or so, and felt much better, so opted for a clear eye in order to maintain the socket shape.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VictoriaG)
    The eye that 'matched' my real eye basically made me feel ugly, went into a bit of a depressive state, low self esteem, until I stopped wearing my eye after an op for a month or so, and felt much better, so opted for a clear eye in order to maintain the socket shape.
    ah ok, well yea I guess its better then. I would have probably felt the same way come to think of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markrush)
    I wasn't, why make someone feel like they should cover it up for the benefit of others. Do not jump to conclusions.

With that I am actually going to have some hope that you are not totally ignorant and wanted to have anyone cover something different for your benefit.
    It has nothing to do with benefiting people, but to do with being realistic and that there are a lot of tits out there who would mock, point, stare etc so maybe doing something about it might avoid many problems as we don't live in a world were most people are nice.

I don't have a disability, so it wouldn't be pretending.
    Ok, not a disability, but what would you call it then as it is not what the average person has. Is it purely visual like a birth mark or has it impaired the function of your eye thus making it a disability. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimbo1234)
    Ok, not a disability, but what would you call it then as it is not what the average person has. Is it purely visual like a birth mark or has it impaired the function of your eye thus making it a disability. :confused:
    Oh I forgot, I can't be a pilot, train or bus driver, I'm so disabled :/

ReputationRep:
    It has nothing to do with benefiting people, but to do with being realistic and that there are a lot of tits out there who would mock, point, stare etc so maybe doing something about it might avoid many problems as we don't live in a world were most people are nice.
    And why hide for their benefit?

ReputationRep:
    Your very pretty with your hair up, do it.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest you have a really pretty face and your hair looks really nice, it wouldn't bother me about your eye also your remaining eye(sorry if i offend by saying it that way) has a really nice vivid blue/grey colour that compliments your face, but to those who it does bother its there problem and as long as you feel happy that is all that matters.

ReputationRep:
    I would obviously notice, probably look again, but definitely in a curious way rather than with any kind of hostility or disgust

ReputationRep:

(y) big thumbs up

ReputationRep:
    Oh I forgot, I can't be a pilot, train or bus driver, I'm so disabled :/
    Even though the effects are small compared to some disabilities, it is still a disability and to pretend it is not is a very unhealthy denial. Be grateful that it could be far worse, but don't pretend you are 100% healthy either as this will lead to major mental issues later on in life.

(Original post by markrush)
    And why hide for their benefit?
    Learn to read kid.
    "It has nothing to do with benefiting people". :rolleyes:
    Now go back and read the rest of the post or go back to school as you clearly need the help.

ReputationRep:
    i'd think your hair and make-up are amazing and wish i could do that!
    in all honestly I'd be curious, but in no way disgusted or anything, i'd probably feel a sense of proudness for you XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    What the hell is up with your eye? :lolwut:
    Nowhere near as much as what must be 'up' with you if you have to post a comment like that. :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    Basically I want HONEST and unbiased opinions..

What would you think if you saw me with my hair all swept back (see pictures below) walking down the street

Would you find it disturbing, weird, disgusting, unacceptable?
    Or perhaps would you find it interesting, different, refreshing, acceptable?
    Would you find it shocking or would you want to stop and stare?
    Or would you really not be bothered by it whatsoever.

Feel free to PM me and ask questions.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...G/DSC_0452.jpg
    http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t..._0111edit1.jpg

(2nd picture is for a media project, which is why it's so edited)
    If i saw you walking down the street i'd think;

This girl is beutiful, and clearly has a helluva lot of character and strength, to be able to look people in the eye (terrible joke?) and not be bothered.

I feel that everyone has to go through some sort of pain/problem in order to build character...

people that coast through life with no problems are usually very one dimensional...

seriously, I wish i knew you in real life, I already respect you soo much for putting yourself out there and posting a photo!

With the way most girls behave these days, I couldn't say the above, to 90% of them

Your a diamond.

ReputationRep:
    i'll be honest... when i saw that i thought u put on those white contacts just to scare people.. and i'd be annoyed. i dont think people will realize it was an accident or something..

ReputationRep:
    Even though the effects are small compared to some disabilities, it is still a disability and to pretend it is not is a very unhealthy denial. Be grateful that it could be far worse, but don't pretend you are 100% healthy either as this will lead to major mental issues later on in life.
    I'm not officially disabled, neither do I plan on it. I am more disabled by the fact my left leg is weaker and the knee slightly out of place, but no one would say that's a disability, plus it's not a permanent thing. I am grateful I could be far worse, considering people very close to me in my family are far worse. I don't see why I'm not 100% healthy when I can do everything (minus driving public transport) everyone else does. I'm not 100% healthy, I can't imagine anyone is. I seriously don't see why you think I'm disabled.

ReputationRep:
    Basically... Cancer- remove eye- be given painted eye for x years- become unhappy with painted eye- get clear eye- time passes- post threads on tsr.
    I think you're beautiful inside and out and incredibly brave. You must have gone through so much and though it doesn't surprise me that you're insecure (otherwise you wouldn't post these threads on TSR), I'm being completely unbiased when I say you have no reason to be. You're unique and should make the most of your beauty. If I saw you walking down the street with your hair up, my immediate thought would be 'What could have happened?'. I'd be curious and I'd probably take an instant liking to you for having the courage to be yourself in public- people like you are just amazing

I feel pretty ashamed for complaining about my spots or whatever now.

ReputationRep:
    I'll admit that it would make me curious, but you're beautiful nontheless.

Also, I'd find it really refreshing for somebody to actually show their eye like this. Somehow covering it up makes me worry it looks far worse than it actually does!

ReputationRep:
    I'd think that you're really pretty. Naturally, I would be curious as to how it'd happened.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not officially disabled, neither do I plan on it. I am more disabled by the fact my left leg is weaker and the knee slightly out of place, but no one would say that's a disability, plus it's not a permanent thing. I am grateful I could be far worse, considering people very close to me in my family are far worse. I don't see why I'm not 100% healthy when I can do everything (minus driving public transport) everyone else does. I'm not 100% healthy, I can't imagine anyone is. I seriously don't see why you think I'm disabled.
    So what is wrong with your eye then? Does it work or not? Regardless, it does not look good as it does not look healthy and going around with it almost advertised may not be a good idea due to some many dicks roaming the streets of the UK.

ReputationRep:
    So what is wrong with your eye then? Does it work or not? Regardless, it does not look good as it does not look healthy and going around with it almost advertised may not be a good idea due to some many dicks roaming the streets of the UK.
    I had cancer as a child, so they removed my eye. I've never know what it's like to see with two eyes, so I'm not limited in any way. Are you saying anyone who doesn't look healthy should hide away at home or cover themselves. If I only had one arm, I wouldn't wear long sleeves for my whole life just because of a few small minded people.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 26, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.