Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VictoriaG)
    I had cancer as a child, so they removed my eye. I've never know what it's like to see with two eyes, so I'm not limited in any way. Are you saying anyone who doesn't look healthy should hide away at home or cover themselves. If I only had one arm, I wouldn't wear long sleeves for my whole life just because of a few small minded people.
    Damn, that's pretty brutal, but at least there was a solution. Also one eye or not having two eyes aligned means you will lack depth perception so that would count as a disability (abuse it so you get jobs easier ).
    I am not saying anyone should hide in a perfect world, but sadly this world is not perfect. I know many people who would point, stare, mock etc simply because they are little tits. Now if you can handle things like that, then go ahead, but if not, look into alternatives.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimbo1234)
    Damn, that's pretty brutal, but at least there was a solution. Also one eye or not having two eyes aligned means you will lack depth perception so that would count as a disability (abuse it so you get jobs easier ).
    I am not saying anyone should hide in a perfect world, but sadly this world is not perfect. I know many people who would point, stare, mock etc simply because they are little tits. Now if you can handle things like that, then go ahead, but if not, look into alternatives.
    Having two eyes is only one factor of many that gives depth perception. I think I'm fine, then again, I don't know what I'm missing so maybe I'm not.

ReputationRep:
    Having two eyes is only one factor of many that gives depth perception. I think I'm fine, then again, I don't know what I'm missing so maybe I'm not.
    Hey.
    So now, do you have like a black whole? or is that "white ball" your eye?
    Is there any way you could get an eye?

BTW, you are VERY pretty!! and great hair color

ReputationRep:
    First picture, you're very pretty in,

Second picture, you look like a zombie hooker , but that doesn't detract from your looks really , you'd still be a hot...zombie hooker in my books.

I would hold glances with you in public for a second longer and I would probably feel sorry for you as a natural human reaction, but I wouldn't find you freakishly unacceptable, I would accept you for sure .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blackberry rocks)
    Hey.
    So now, do you have like a black whole? or is that "white ball" your eye?
    Is there any way you could get an eye?

BTW, you are VERY pretty!! and great hair color
    It basically looks like this http://www.bagofnothing.com/DSC00279.JPG
    And I couldn't get a real eye, they only do cornea transplants.

ReputationRep:
    Love all the negs I'm getting for my post :smug: 120 and counting :mmm:

Keep them coming! :france:

ReputationRep:
    Easy way to find out is how good are you at catching things? Though anyone who has Strabismus or similar problems will also lack proper binocular vision. But of course on the grand scheme of things it really makes no difference to your daily life.

ReputationRep:
    Walking down the street, if I even actually managed to notice that you only had one eye (though you are incredibly pretty, so I probably would), my brain process would go something like this:

Oh gosh, isn't she gorgeous.
    Oh, she only has one eye
    I wonder what happened
    Oooh. Greggs.

I tend not to notice people in the street, and if they have something different about them, I'll give a fleeting glance, think "ooh", and then carry on walking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimbo1234)
    Easy way to find out is how good are you at catching things? Though anyone who has Strabismus or similar problems will also lack proper binocular vision. But of course on the grand scheme of things it really makes no difference to your daily life.
    I can catch if I want, I'm just lazy and don't really like sport.

ReputationRep:
    i think it looks nice down

ReputationRep:
    Basically I want HONEST and unbiased opinions..

What would you think if you saw me with my hair all swept back (see pictures below) walking down the street

Would you find it disturbing, weird, disgusting, unacceptable?
    Or perhaps would you find it interesting, different, refreshing, acceptable?
    Would you find it shocking or would you want to stop and stare?
    Or would you really not be bothered by it whatsoever.

Feel free to PM me and ask questions.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...G/DSC_0452.jpg
    http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t..._0111edit1.jpg

(2nd picture is for a media project, which is why it's so edited)

No i wouldn't find it weird disgusting or unacceptable - it would be different because everyones different in their own ways, it would be intresting and definatley acceptable...then i wouldn't bother lol

but your seriously beautiful got really nice skin and defined features-dont worry what others think .. its who you are babe,.. x

ReputationRep:
    Put it away. It's not socially acceptable just yet.

Whoever negs me, it's called honestly. Not all the bull**** flattery I've seen thus far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatCookieOne)
    In all honesty, I'd look, think "Huh she has one eye" look at you again for a moment, then just go on with whatever I was doing.
    You probably will get people yelling abuse at you though. And young kids staring out of curiosity.
    I wore it like this for a short period of time, no abuse, I must just live in a nice town.

No, last time it was.. does my hair suit me/look feminine enough.

I'm just trying to get a public opinion, since asking my friends is often quite biased.
    --- hmmm.. what? you talking to me?
    well... My names victoria, and I'm a fukin' G!
    Blad, I started rapping at the age o' three!
    don't know me? get to know me!

Hey, look! I'm spitting bars... I'm so lyrical!
    don't talk back, your bars, they're not hard, they're fukin' hysterical!
    your births a curse to her, not a miracle!
    walk away, you're aren't a threat, you ain't cool! ---

sorry, I had to let it out. this is what I think of when I see your pic, you look like such a gangstah!

ReputationRep:
    People would give you a second glance without meaning to, as it isn't every day you see somebody who's been through what you have. You definitely wouldn't make me feel disgusted though, only an ignorant person would think that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    --- hmmm.. what? you talking to me?
    well... My names victoria, and I'm a fukin' G!
    Blad, I started rapping at the age o' three!
    don't know me? get to know me!

Hey, look! I'm spitting bars... I'm so lyrical!
    don't talk back, your bars, they're not hard, they're fukin' hysterical!
    your births a curse to her, not a miracle!
    walk away, you're aren't a threat, you ain't cool! ---

sorry, I had to let it out. this is what I think of when I see your pic, you look like such a gangstah!
    What the? How do I look like a gangsta?

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'd give up my left eye to look as stunning as you.

ReputationRep:
    retina blastoma?

ReputationRep:
    I find the second picture, the media project one I think, rather creepy.
    as for you just walking around like the first picture without all of the weird editing and stuff, I would probably take a second look. I'd be really impressed as well because I know if it was me I would be to scared, not that it looks bad just that its so different and I wouldn't even go out with my scar on show before I got it tattooed over :| so I would have a lot of respect for that.
    I would also be curious as to how it happed and like how it effects you with things like depth perception, although if I just saw you I would never come over just to ask something like that Id also be curious as to whether you have to take it out and put it in yourself or whether a doctor or someone does it and it just stays in.
    I read the post where you said you lost it to cancer and I'm really sorry to hear that and I hope you are now cancer free, I suppose your eye is a small price to pay in comparison to your life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minni04)
    retina blastoma?
    Yes, not something many people have heard of.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 26, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever been hacked?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.