Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What would you think if.. (Pictures included) watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VictoriaG)
    Basically... Cancer- remove eye- be given painted eye for x years- become unhappy with unpainted eye- get clear eye- time passes- post threads on tsr.
    Wow - Thats moving, admiration going out to you.

Nope I wouldn't find it disturbing/unacceptable.

Different? Yes but I wouldn't stop and stare (thats plain rude), I'd be cool about it. I'm always cool regardless of the situation tbh.

ReputationRep:
    At first admittedly I would be a little startled (due to not seeing anything like it before) but after the initial startle has gone I would be intrigued, but also impressed as you aren't hiding behind whatever you can to disguise it. You are also very pretty

ReputationRep:
    Basically... Cancer- remove eye- be given painted eye for x years- become unhappy with unpainted eye- get clear eye- time passes- post threads on tsr.
    Out of curiousity, why did you hate your painted eye?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    What the hell is up with your eye? :lolwut:
    some1 finally got the balls

ReputationRep:
    If i saw you walking down the street, it wouldnt bother me.
    I mean why should it? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I'd be surprised but I wouldn't stare. Same with any other person I see on the street who doesn't have a typical appearance.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not going to lie, I would glance at you for a second. But then I would forget about you and carry on walking. Thats how we do things in London

ReputationRep:
    Basically I want HONEST and unbiased opinions..

What would you think if you saw me with my hair all swept back (see pictures below) walking down the street

Would you find it disturbing, weird, disgusting, unacceptable?
    Or perhaps would you find it interesting, different, refreshing, acceptable?
    Would you find it shocking or would you want to stop and stare?
    Or would you really not be bothered by it whatsoever.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...G/DSC_0452.jpg
    http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t..._0111edit1.jpg

(2nd picture is for a media project, which is why it's so edited)
    I remember I saw this in that thread..I forgot it's name, but what I said was, I thought you were amazing. Haha.

If I saw you walking down the street I'd probably look at you for the 2nd or 3rd time and smile. I might approach you to ask, but I'm not really sure if I had the guts. I think refreshing in a good way, definitly not disgusting or unacceptable. I would think you are really brave for letting the whole world see yourself. It takes courage.

x

ReputationRep:
    I'm not gonna lie, at first glance it's a bit weird. But it's because I've never seen anyone with one eye before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Because she only has ONE ****ing eye. Why are people pretending it's not shocking to protect her feelings. She's going to feel alot ****tier when she goes out and see's people staring, all shocked and whispering about her. Yes it would take me back and I would look away - It would certainly put me off going near you - but that's because I am an *******. It shouldn't affect my interaction with you but it will and most people are also *******s who will feel scared to go near you. Wear you hair down.
    Good use of anon here, and I'm pretty sure she knows that people are shocked and taken aback. Well done Sherlock

ReputationRep:
    I would think poor girl and that's it I wouldn't stare it's rude but you are really pretty it certainly wouldn't stop me from talking to you or in any case take an interest in you:sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Basically I want HONEST and unbiased opinions..

What would you think if you saw me with my hair all swept back (see pictures below) walking down the street

Would you find it disturbing, weird, disgusting, unacceptable?
    Or perhaps would you find it interesting, different, refreshing, acceptable?
    Would you find it shocking or would you want to stop and stare?
    Or would you really not be bothered by it whatsoever.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...G/DSC_0452.jpg
    http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t..._0111edit1.jpg

(2nd picture is for a media project, which is why it's so edited)
    what happened to the eye, if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    Nothing wrong with it, certainly not disgusting. You're good looking and you do have nice hair so it shouldn't be an issue

ReputationRep:
    please don't take this in the wrong way....

but perhaps if you put a coloured contact that matched your other eye it would look real?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewroll)
    I'm not going to lie, I would glance at you for a second. But then I would forget about you and carry on walking. Thats how we do things in London
    That is how you do it in london. Seeing two, three girls walking through covent garden wearing head to toe neon. No one seemed to care.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by int92)
    some1 finally got the balls
    yeah :creep: :ninja: I expect a lot of neg lol

(Original post by iainthegreat)
    Why should she wear her hair down? Sure some people might talk about it because it's 'different', but why should she be forced to hide away her face for the rest of her life for fear of 'offending' some people?

It's a lot less shocking than the 13 year olds covered in make-up pushing prams around town nowadays.
    No it's not and you know it's not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loling909)
    I might approach you to ask, but I'm not really sure if I had the guts.
    Why would it be any of your business? I wouldn't approach a random stranger and ask that. Just think how annoying it would be if everyone asked her that when she is out and about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    No it's not and you know it's not.
    So you disagree and believe she should wear her hair down at all times for fear of offending you?

What else are you offended by, just in case I need to change my clothes or hair or something?

ReputationRep:
    I honestly don't see the problem.

But then again, there is a girl in my sixth form with the same problem and I've just gotten used to it.

I wouldn't mind if you put your hair up or down, you have a nice face to look at.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 26, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.