Turn on thread page Beta

What would you think if.. (Pictures included) watch

ReputationRep:
    I think the hairstyle looks different, it's quite flamboyant which is good. I like it .

If you personally think it suits you then don't listen to anyone who says otherwise. This is afterall you & you're opinion if what counts the most. I think it's brave of people to make a drastic change to their hair, it's inspirational!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Misnomer)
    Why would it be any of your business? I wouldn't approach a random stranger and ask that. Just think how annoying it would be if everyone asked her that when she is out and about.
    Everyones different. She might not even react in the way you're suggesting. Yeah I suppose it would be invasive yes. And rude, but that wouldn't necessarily be my intention. I'm just curious. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm unsure as to why people are giving out neg-rep. The OP said she wanted the truth, if someone says something bad it's because that is the truth, which is what the OP wanted - if someones finds it disgusting, they're going to say that - why are you getting so offended it's what the OP wants.

I would definitely take a double-look and possibly stare for a short while until I realised, i'm not going to lie/sugarcoat it. However most, if not all, people look/stare at things that are not normal, that goes for hair styles, dress sense, and stuff like this so I suppose most people would look and if not they're probably lying...

ReputationRep:
    definitely go for it!
    you might get a few stares and people whispering behind you back, but who cares.
    I don't want to sound creepy in any way, but have you tried modelling? you have a beautiful and 'interesting' face.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .snowflake.)
    That is how you do it in london. Seeing two, three girls walking through covent garden wearing head to toe neon. No one seemed to care.
    Thats why London is so awesome. We don't judge anyone, we just ignore you completely. Example- A man was on the tube, topless, and shouting to himself. The man he was sitting next to carried on reading his newspaper, as if he saw this kind of stuff everyday. In another city people might have said something. Londoners are the best

(Original post by iainthegreat)
    So you disagree and believe she should wear her hair down at all times for fear of offending you?

What else are you offended by, just in case I need to change my clothes or hair or something?
    She shouldn't have to wear it down at all times but it would spare her feelings when people stop, stare and make expressions like 'ewwww' or ' WTF is up with dat eye.'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VictoriaG)
    Basically... Cancer- remove eye- be given painted eye for x years- become unhappy with unpainted eye- get clear eye- time passes- post threads on tsr.
    question? why do you have an unadorned prosthetic instead of one that matches your other eye with iris and pupil?

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Because she only has ONE ****ing eye. Why are people pretending it's not shocking to protect her feelings. She's going to feel alot ****tier when she goes out and see's people staring, all shocked and whispering about her. Yes it would take me back and I would look away - It would certainly put me off going near you - but that's because I am an *******. It shouldn't affect my interaction with you but it will and most people are also *******s who will feel scared to go near you. Wear you hair down.
    how good of you to point that out with such strong moral convictions.................oh wait your hiding behind anon feature - never mind.

Anyway OP, you have something that will make people look and stare and point and whisper but im very sure thats something your well aware of.

It is something that people will straight away try to define you, the same as if you have scars or a missing arm or something like that that is immeadiatley noticable.

i think it comes down to what you want to do, some will say why should you hide it others will say you shouldnt hide it but its your call.

The first hair pic go for it, you are very pretty even with the eye. Please dont use the second look it makes you look like a marilyn manson wannabe.

ReputationRep:
    Personally I wouldn't think anything of it

ReputationRep:
    It's a long story with the painted eye.. basically I had big issues with it, stumbled into a depressive state, not good.
    Why did it make you unhappy if you don't mind me asking? If you don't wanna say thats ok

ReputationRep:
    Ach....this is hard for me to say but honestly, it would shock me
    I don't think your ugly but your personality would really have to shine because that eye creeps me out.
    Im sorry OP, you asked for honestly and I gave it.
    Im not trying to be mean

ReputationRep:
    Basically... Cancer- remove eye- be given painted eye for x years- become unhappy with unpainted eye- get clear eye- time passes- post threads on tsr.
    I was so surprised to see that when I opened the thread.
    I'd make me look twice maybe, but I think you're absolutely beautiful.
    I also think you're brave for posting this, and amazing for going through cancer.
    Kudos to you.

ReputationRep:
    I'd just wonder what happened is all, but honestly - you look stunning and i'm being honest too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Misnomer)
    Why would it be any of your business? I wouldn't approach a random stranger and ask that. Just think how annoying it would be if everyone asked her that when she is out and about.
    I like it when people ask, because I'd rather they hear it from me than assume things. I'd rather they knew that I LOST MY EYE TO CANCER (just to make that clear )

ReputationRep:
    Honestly I think you are gorgeous, and much nicer to look at than these little skinny blonde 'perfect' girls. Wear your hair like that with pride and confidence, and remember anyone who does look is simply intrigued by your unique beauty

ReputationRep:
    I've see you post that same media photo in another thread. And I don't mean this rudely at all, but I had no idea your eye was really like that, I actually thought it was a photo edit. Not bad though, you're definitely interesting looking

ReputationRep:
    Wow, I didn't expect that! I'd find you really interesting!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kevin6767)
    Being completely honest a little voice in my head would be screaming "ask her for her number, do it now!". But my shyness would probably make me splutter some incoherent babble, leaving me feeling like I need to :getmecoat:. Seriously you are incredibly beautiful
    This made me chuckle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Because she only has ONE ****ing eye.
    ZOMGGGG!! :zomg:

So what if she has only one eye? Ever heard of people who are FULLY blind. Ever heard of people with only one arm or one leg.

Grow the **** up and have some respect.

You don't know, one day God forbid the same thing might happen to you, so show some appreciation.

ReputationRep:
    I like it when people ask, because I'd rather they hear it from me than assume things. I'd rather they knew that I LOST MY EYE TO CANCER (just to make that clear )
    Ah okay. Do you get a lot of people asking?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it looks amazing! You're incredibly pretty, and not everyone can pull off that look, but you do it really really well (it kinda gives a unique/striking feel). I think you should defo go for it!!
    And you remind me of the girl on 'The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo'

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 26, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.