Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What would you think if.. (Pictures included) Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewroll)
    Do you get a lot of people staring and whispering where you live now?

Not that it would matter, as other people have said, the look seems to work for you (especially in the first pic, the second pic is quite freaky tbh )
    I live in a hippy town, so it's cool.
    I currently hide behind my massive fringe though.
    And it's meant to be freaky.

ReputationRep:
    just curious, when did u get cancer/have the eye removed?

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't stare, that's rude. I would be curious though, what person wouldn't?

I wouldn't be disgusted or anything though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VictoriaG)
    Basically I want HONEST and unbiased opinions..

What would you think if you saw me with my hair all swept back (see pictures below) walking down the street

Would you find it disturbing, weird, disgusting, unacceptable?
    Or perhaps would you find it interesting, different, refreshing, acceptable?
    Would you find it shocking or would you want to stop and stare?
    Or would you really not be bothered by it whatsoever.

Feel free to PM me and ask questions.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...G/DSC_0452.jpg
    http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t..._0111edit1.jpg

(2nd picture is for a media project, which is why it's so edited)
    I think I'd look because I'd be curious, but it wouldn't make me stare with my mouth open.

Can you wear make-up on that eye? If so I don't think people would even take notice if your make-up matched on both sides. Second picture I didn't even notice your eye was different to the other.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachelkeira)
    Oh right... Just wondering 'cause you must be a bit concerned about how you look with your clear one to post this thread? Was it a problem with the false eye itself? 'Cause I'm sure there are more realistic ones now
    They're not realistic enough for me (fussy or what..), so I've decided to just go against it all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Intensity)
    Gordon Brown has a fake eye?! :confused: You're right.. I can't tell at all.
    He does - it's the one with some emotion in it! :lol:

Incidentally aren't there people that make prosthetic eyes that can match the other? My thinking is it would make it less noticeable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jmzie-Coupe)
    You are the biggest ***** on TSR. Can you please just fuck off already. No one enjoys the dribble you spout.
    ok calm down lol I'll delete the post if you want.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I could look you in the eye (no pun intended)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vn2009)
    For that comment you left b4, u must be a serious ****.
    I think I might've missed the comment, what was it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ily_em)
    Have you not spotted what this thread is really about?
    I haven't really read any of the other comments bar the 1st few but I can gather from the pics what most people are talking about.

I don't have a problem with OP's eye, if she wanted opinions on her eye then she would have asked, but she wasn't, she was only asking about her possible new hair style which I kindly gave an opinion of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theonelink)
    just curious, when did u get cancer/have the eye removed?
    Two and a half years old, it was a week after my diagnosis because it was too late for chemo, and to save me they had to remove the eye.

ReputationRep:
    I live in a hippy town, so it's cool.
    I currently hide behind my massive fringe though.
    And it's meant to be freaky.
    Hippy town? :lolwut:

I see...

I'm not gonna lie, I saw your fringe pic before and I thought you were hot The eye makes you look interesting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlottelisabeth)
    I haven't really read any of the other comments bar the 1st few but I can gather from the pics what most people are talking about.

I don't have a problem with OP's eye, if she wanted opinions on her eye then she would have asked, but she wasn't, she was only asking about her possible new hair style which I kindly gave an opinion of.
    I'm asking about the eye, sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HEJ92)
    I think I'd look because I'd be curious, but it wouldn't make me stare with my mouth open.

Can you wear make-up on that eye? If so I don't think people would even take notice if your make-up matched on both sides. Second picture I didn't even notice your eye was different to the other.
    It's quite tricky wearing makeup, plus it's so much easier applying it on one eye..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachelkeira)
    Yep, he lost his real one in a rugby accident years ago!
    I heard he was blind in one eye. I was amazed to find out that boxing legend Joe Frazier, famous for his bouts against Ali in the 1970's was also blind in one eye though he never told anybody until he had retired from boxing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    ok calm down lol I'll delete the post if you want.
    That would be considerate. No need to be so cruel in future.

ReputationRep:
    It's quite tricky wearing makeup, plus it's so much easier applying it on one eye..
    Ah, fair enough

ReputationRep:
    I think I might've missed the comment, what was it?
    It was removed from the thread, needless to say the comment was unnecessary, something bout ur eye hurts his or some bs like that. That guy is just a ****, plain and simple.

Anyway I think that your pretty, and wouldnt stop me from chatting to you :cool:

ReputationRep:
    You could get a glass eye with a smiley face or a bullseye and become an evil genius. All the best evil geniuses have one eye.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, I would look twice because it would be unexpected but I wouldn't think anything negative about you as a result of it, just the initial sight would catch my eye (pardon the pun). Hope you don't mind me asking but if it's a clear fake eye why does it look bloodshot?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 26, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.