Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

how confident are you? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Quite.

ReputationRep:
    I used to be completely unconfident, but that's changed a lot now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Man)
    I used to be completely unconfident, but that's changed a lot now.
    how do you overcome it?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    not very confident at all. it really affects my life as i hate going out alone, i hate using the telephone, i hate talking to people i dont know, heck im not even confident talking to people i do know.

ReputationRep:
    Quite/Very

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    not very confident at all. it really affects my life as i hate going out alone, i hate using the telephone, i hate talking to people i dont know, heck im not even confident talking to people i do know.
    Bless, need a hug?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJTom)
    how do you overcome it?
    Anxiety pills.

It's not really something I can prevent/stop without them, since I have a medical condition related to it.

ReputationRep:
    quite a lot.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    My confidence is fine. Because i'm not always very talkative everyone assumes that i'm shy/withdrawn when they meet me,but its more a case of not talking for the sake of it. I had low confidence/no self esteem for years so i'm chuffed to bits that i finally managed to overcome it.

I know i'm not the best guy out there but without meaning to sound arrogant, there are a lot of people worse off than me. I don't compare myself to other people anymore and i don't have any problems talking to girls... in most cases. I'm VERY pessimistic about my sports teams though, that's the only problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Man)
    Anxiety pills.

It's not really something I can prevent/stop without them, since I have a medical condition related to it.
    ok it was just i have same sort of probem.

ReputationRep:
    No confidence at all, I can only speak to a small selection of friends, and maybe a few more on something like facebook or msn (3-4 more) Other than that i can not talk to others, i simply lack the confidence, i try, and ill just freeze up and the conversation will end instantly

Kinda sucks, I just gotta try and learn how to overcome it, Atleast i realise the problem

ReputationRep:
    I am very confident .....

ReputationRep:
    Confident enough to approach people and feel comfortable in difficult/unusual situations.... Not so confident that it comes accross as arrogant... I hope

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    A little.

I note that's the least amount one can chose. OP must be a fairly positive person...
    Lol I didn't think about that :laugh: True lol. Have confidence in yourself! :console: :five:

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.