Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

Am I the only one who doesn't want a proper relatioship? watch

I started dating my frist boyfriend a few months ago. We're 17.

He's the sweet type - he'll compliment me, never fogets to tell me how happy he is to have me, pays for everything when we go out, always lets me have my way etc.

But it annoys me when he pays for things/is generally nice or whatever. Because I just end up feeling bad. I don't think of him that way. I don't love him. I'm not super gald over the moon the be with him. Before it was cute... now its too much.

Now I just seem to want the physical side of things. And all I care about is his body and because he has not got a very nice one, I keep thinking about other guys. Like ALL the time.

I just can't take being in a proper loving bf/gf relationship. I don't like it... not ready for it. Whatever. I prefer flings, and the only reason we haven't broken up yet is because it is not socially acceptable to have sex with someone you aren't properly going out with at our age.

Is there something wrong with me?

Break up with him if you don't want a relationship!
    At the moment you are just leading him on for what sounds like sex. If he finds this out later down he is going to be hurt & upset. Consider his feelings and do what is right.

So you're together because you want sex & think that it is not socially acceptable to have sex with someone you are not properly with?
    Don't you think it sounds quite bad that you're only with him for his body/sex/fun.

I'm 17 aswell. & I've actually had sex with 9 people... Only been with 4 of them.
    I do regret some of this but in my opinion it is better than leading someone on in a relationship just for that!
    If you want casual sex, then you do that. People may judge you if it becomes alot but just keep your sex life to yourself.

There's nothing wrong with you at all.

I was with a guy when I was a lot younger for 2 years and he done everything for me, he was too nice. He wasn't all that good looking though so I just finished him so I could get better guys.

Just don't lead him on.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Break up with him if you don't want a relationship!
    At the moment you are just leading him on for what sounds like sex. If he finds this out later down he is going to be hurt & upset. Consider his feelings and do what is right.

So you're together because you want sex & think that it is not socially acceptable to have sex with someone you are not properly with?
    Don't you think it sounds quite bad that you're only with him for his body/sex/fun.

I'm 17 aswell. & I've actually had sex with 9 people... Only been with 4 of them.
    I do regret some of this but in my opinion it is better than leading someone on in a relationship just for that!
    If you want casual sex, then you do that. People may judge you if it becomes alot but just keep your sex life to yourself.

There's nothing wrong with you at all.

I was with a guy when I was a lot younger for 2 years and he done everything for me, he was too nice. He wasn't all that good looking though so I just finished him so I could get better guys.

Just don't lead him on.
    Thank you, this has been quite helpful

ReputationRep:
    I started dating my frist boyfriend a few months ago. We're 17.

He's the sweet type - he'll compliment me, never fogets to tell me how happy he is to have me, pays for everything when we go out, always lets me have my way etc.

But it annoys me when he pays for things/is generally nice or whatever. Because I just end up feeling bad. I don't think of him that way. I don't love him. I'm not super gald over the moon the be with him. Before it was cute... now its too much.

Now I just seem to want the physical side of things. And all I care about is his body and because he has not got a very nice one, I keep thinking about other guys. Like ALL the time.

I just can't take being in a proper loving bf/gf relationship. I don't like it... not ready for it. Whatever. I prefer flings, and the only reason we haven't broken up yet is because it is not socially acceptable to have sex with someone you aren't properly going out with at our age.

Is there something wrong with me?
    This is not a good thing.

If you just want sex, don't be in a relationship. To make him think you want to be with him when you don't really is a bit harsh. There's no shame in wanting sex outside of a relationship - it's your life, live it however you want to.

ReputationRep:
    Imagine if a guy went out with a girl just for the sex. She was really loved up, and he didn't want her but didn't say. He'd be getting told off if he posted on here

ReputationRep:
    nothing wrong there, im 21 and still don't want one-prefer things to be casual at this age, you are only young and attractive once, y waste it being with 1 person! can do that when you're old and fatter with kids

ReputationRep:
    sounds like you're put off by him being such a pushover, do you think if he was a bit stronger and treated you mean sometimes you'd have more respect for him and find him more desirable

ReputationRep:
    he'll compliment me, never fogets to tell me how happy he is to have me, pays for everything when we go out, always lets me have my way etc.
    Maybe you're feeling guilty that you're a selfish girl from the very distant past?

ReputationRep:
    Are you the only one thats generally retarded and doesn't know how to spell RELATIONSHIP
    Oh you could always turn lesbian

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 1, 2011
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.