Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I just dont want to be putting any on there!
    and, wouldnt you nt being able to afford a lot of food and not being able to cook properly make you lose weight as you would eat less?

tell me

thanks

ReputationRep:
    No, I put a bit of weight on but I needed to anyway.
    All the heavy drinking people do causes alot of weight gain. Plus, people become lazy with their eating habits, and go for junk instead.

ReputationRep:
    A lot of people put on weight from drinking!

ReputationRep:
    Depends how active you are, and also how much money you have at your disposal. In my opinion yes, or atleast for 2-3 months when I couldn't be bothered to cook anything so I mainly bought sandwiches and takeaway.

ReputationRep:
    Yay I'm a respected member, why I don't know, I passed the 150 post mark! hehe.

ReputationRep:
    I find it does the opposite to most people really =/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nunugab)
    Yay I'm a respected member, why I don't know, I passed the 150 post mark! hehe.
    haha you made me laugh. Well done

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slacker07906)
    haha you made me laugh. Well done
    sweeet

ReputationRep:
    I've probably put on a bit of weight despite playing more sport. I live in catered accomodation for freshers year and get breakfast and evening meal monday to friday. Although i often skip lunch because i have breakfast fairly late and tea early I more than make up for it with drinking and also getting takeaways on the way home from half my night's out.

It's harder to maintain a healthy lifestyle at uni. If you're not great at cooking you will be more tempted to get ready meals or take aways.
    • PS Helper
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Nope, I've gained so much weight. I live at home and if I'm going out or something it just made more sense to grab something in town. I'm regretting it now...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helpnowplease)
    I just dont want to be putting any on there!
    and, wouldnt you nt being able to afford a lot of food and not being able to cook properly make you lose weight as you would eat less?

tell me

thanks
    I've found that people either gain weight because they can eat what they want, when they want to, like takeways or crappy ready meals
    or..
    they lose it because either their not eating properly, or can actually look after themselves, i.e. eating right and doing more excercise.....just depends on the person i guess??

ReputationRep:
    There is a campus weight limit, if you exceed a certain amount you're not aloud in.

ReputationRep:
    I think most people put weight on at uni, but I lost it because I'm a crap cook and was broke for most of the year so couldn't afford to eat as much as I did while I was at home

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.