Turn on thread page Beta

show yourself watch

Because if people know who you are then how do you say things you would never dare say in real life? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hasin_arshad)
    You go I go, simplessss!!!

ReputationRep:
    I can't remember where I heard it but "Never post anything about yourself on the internet in case it becomes a meme."

ReputationRep:
    I don't come on here to be judged by my appearance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    or anyone else to PM me photos of my picture with their *** on my face.
    Lol omg that really happend?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jenny_Jazz)
    Lol omg that really happend?
    It did. :nothing:

ReputationRep:
    It did. :nothing:
    Yikes. So you haven't had your pic on here ever since?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachelkeira)
    I'm not I have photos on my profile.... I have nothing to hide
    Why hello there blondie :sexface: :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Yikes. So you haven't had your pic on here ever since?
    Yeah, sort of. There were some other factors too, there's a few strange people on this site.

ReputationRep:
    I do have pictures up - I guess I haven't really thought about consequences ...meh
    But yep I do understand why people don't =]

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, sort of. There were some other factors too, there's a few strange people on this site.
    What other factors...if you don't mind me asking.

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to be raped over the internet, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    because 95% of us like to stay indoors on e-forums for a reason.. mine ent (external) ugliness but I am fairly sure that for a significant proportion of the remainder, self-image plays a role..

..plus the group of girls on here who aren't trolls *if you'll pardon the pun* probably don't want boys that fit into the above categories getting too 'creative' with their pics, as the lass suggests :rolleyes: (with one or two 'attention-whore' exceptions)

ReputationRep:
    What other factors...if you don't mind me asking.
    Apart from the *** on face?
    Spoiler:
    Show

Erm, someone made a really long thread about me with loads of photos taken from my FB, with my name in it, about how I'm a slut from Mile End Blah blah, they took loads of drunk photos and put them in this giant thread which got like 20 pages long in an hour, and 4000 different views. It was really nasty.

Then they made a video about me and started posting it all over the forum. (Weird music, different photos, same words really.)

People made weird threads about me, like with my photo in their sigs and poems about me and stuff.. and 3 people made usernames like mine:

Bubbles*de*Filo: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/member.php?u=260743
    Bubbles*de*Mllo: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/member.php?u=475717

Why would you do that?! :nothing:

I had so many threads about me, loads were deleted though, this is the only one I cba to find: xxx
    It's just... enough lol, I'm too old to bother.

ReputationRep:
    QFA
    Yikes that's crazy, and pretty stalkerish.

ReputationRep:
    Because I don't need any more TSR threads or videos or poems about me... or anyone else to PM me photos of my picture with their *** on my face.
    Haha surely that didn't happen! Thats just messed up. Why would you put a smiley face after saying that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by st_23)
    Haha surely that didn't happen! Thats just messed up. Why would you put a smiley face after saying that?
    Post 36. ^^^

ReputationRep:
    Post 36. ^^^
    Why did i look at the spoiler, made me feel ill and i was eating at the time although only fruit luckily.

Sorry to hear about it anyway

ReputationRep:
    Most people find it easier to be arrogant and ridicule others when there mug is not on show, me personally i dont care im not exactly a pretty boy but i have nothing to hide

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helpnowplease)
    Because of the people from our schools that may go on this site. If our photo is up, they know who we are and can check up on all the embarrasing threads we make.
    Baha!

I found a thread by someone from my college that posted a picture of themselves.

The thread was basically asking was it their image that prevented him from getting laid, it was shot down in typical TSR fashion.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.