Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am planning on going to Nottingham Trent University in October 2011, and part-time tutoring is something I've always, kind of wanted to do. I enjoy helping people learn and feel that it is very rewarding seeing someone who was struggling, achieving success.

If I could tutor students, it would be A-level Psychology as it is my strongest subject, and the subject I enjoy the most and I would say I have a passion for this subject.

I would tutor students for free as I believe that I could really assist them and a lot of students do not have the financial resources to obtain a good tutor. I would relish the experience also. However, I would only be available to teach a few hours per week.

Do you know if I would be able to do something of the sort whilst at University?
    I would honestly love to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justiceisjust)
    I am planning on going to Nottingham Trent University in October 2011, and part-time tutoring is something I've always, kind of wanted to do. I enjoy helping people learn and feel that it is very rewarding seeing someone who was struggling, achieving success.

If I could tutor students, it would be A-level Psychology as it is my strongest subject, and the subject I enjoy the most and I would say I have a passion for this subject.

I would tutor students for free as I believe that I could really assist them and a lot of students do not have the financial resources to obtain a good tutor. I would relish the experience also. However, I would only be available to teach a few hours per week.

Do you know if I would be able to do something of the sort whilst at University?
    I would honestly love to.
    I do tutoring at the moment at College (coincidentally I'm also going to NTU, what are you planning on studying?). If you plan on tutoring A-level, I think NTU do a mentoring scheme which is similar (it may also be paid), if not no reason why you can't get in contact with local colleges. When I signed on to do tutoring (or 'mentoring', as my college calls it. I still do the same thing and teach students and whatnot) I had to go through a CRB check and do some 'training' to get us there. So I dunno what the colleges there will say, a person who's willing to tutor for free would seem good though, but I would imagine you would have to go through some paperwork etc. Honestly, I don't see why you couldn't do it. Looks great on a CV and it's great helping people out good luck with it if you decide to do it.

Alternatively, NTU may have a similar programme helping out fellow students while your in your second/third year. Hope that helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jobud)
    I do tutoring at the moment at College (coincidentally I'm also going to NTU, what are you planning on studying?). If you plan on tutoring A-level, I think NTU do a mentoring scheme which is similar (it may also be paid), if not no reason why you can't get in contact with local colleges. When I signed on to do tutoring (or 'mentoring', as my college calls it. I still do the same thing and teach students and whatnot) I had to go through a CRB check and do some 'training' to get us there. So I dunno what the colleges there will say, a person who's willing to tutor for free would seem good though, but I would imagine you would have to go through some paperwork etc. Honestly, I don't see why you couldn't do it. Looks great on a CV and it's great helping people out good luck with it if you decide to do it.

Alternatively, NTU may have a similar programme helping out fellow students while your in your second/third year. Hope that helps.

Hoping to study LLB Law with Psychology! Got my offer. Now its time to get the grades!

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.