Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Paypal? watch

• PS Helper
    • Peer Support Volunteers

PS Helper
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Hello, so I'm looking to start using ebay. So I opened a paypal account. I wanted the free one. I'm worried as it looks like it's given me a premier one. Am I right in thinking this will only cost me if I use it to sell something? Or is there a monthly fee or something? I've looked all over the site, but I clearly missed something. So lovely people, any answers?

Paypal Premier is just an extension of their basic account that is designed for handling larger transaction volumes. It will allow you to accept credit and debit card payments in addition to merely transferring funds online, but you would be charged a fee if others pay you in this way. I'm unsure of what their policy is with regards to downgrading accounts, but you could consider e-mailing them if you were indeed mistaken and asking if it is possible to change.

You can change back to the basic account (your only allowed to do this once), just send them an email and they should change your account, if you have any worries.

I've used pay pal for 6 years and never had an issue. Most eBay users use it and most never had a problem.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 25, 2011
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.