Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)
    Going to have an anchor baby or win the green card lottery?
    My plan will come together in time - but I have family over there, my dad lives there specifically, and I have lots of friends over there. All else fails I'm sure I can find some poor soul desperate enough for **** and my posh accent to marry me :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)
    But haven't.
    1 of them has. The rest just dream about leaving. They hate the weather and they hate the tax. They feel trapped and cannot get away.

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking of going to Germany after my degree, to study or to live. But I do speak the language and I do have a lot of family there, so I'm thinking it's quite practical.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GavinHinton)
    I am seriously considering leaving the UK after i complete my degree. This is in part because i do computing and the jobs in the UK arent where the money is at.
    This is completely wrong. There are huge amounts of well paid IT jobs in the UK, way more than all other first world countries apart from America (where there's obviously massive competition). There are a decent amount of financial IT jobs in the UK compared to other countries which are usually pay very well.

also if i leave for 5 years they remove your student debt
    Wat.

ReputationRep:
    Already done it, brah.

ReputationRep:
    If it weren't for the fact I'm very family orientated and actually rely on my mother an awful lot to help me with a disorder I have then I would be serious about emigrating after I graduate. It makes sense to follow the work, wherever that is, and it would be refreshing to live in another country for a few years. My partner would like us to move to Saudi Arabia in the coming years, which I have seriously considered.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.