Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hi all,

Are candidates entitled to bursary from their insurance choice if something goes wrong with the firm one? (sorry if this question has been posted many times but i havo no time to search among the site!)
    10x

ReputationRep:
    it depends on the terms of bursaries at the insurance. They vary.

ReputationRep:
    You should be (assuming your insurance uni gives bursaries) I went to a uni through clearing and still got a bursary.

ReputationRep:
    well, i'm thinking of putting UWE as an insurance. I did ask them but they havent replied yet(its taking so long)
    does anyone have the answer, I mean 100% sure about it
    10x

ReputationRep:
    I refer you to my previous answer.

ReputationRep:
    the reason why asked again is because I thought that if I spesify which uni I am interested in, you would be able to give more specific answer..

+ most unis have deadlines for bursary applications before August(before the results day!)

ReputationRep:
    Do a bit of research and stop being so lazy.
    Bursaries are usually determined by your parents' finances and are determined after you start at uni.
    I think you mean scholarships.

ReputationRep:
    i think writing in forums and posting questions is classified as a research..don't you? How accurate is that research depends on the people replying, like you..

ReputationRep:
    yeah but on here you'll only get generic answers. How hard can it be going on a university website and searching bursaries?

ReputationRep:
    why do you think that I havent done that first? Obviously there is some lack of information if i'm asking for help..

ReputationRep:
    ok
    well the best bit of advice I can give is that your assumption
    + most unis have deadlines for bursary applications before August(before the results day!)
    is plainly wrong.
    So relax.

ReputationRep:
    well, i can tell you for sure for my 5 choises, and they all have deadline before August. Now, if we take the probabilities theory into account, then no research is needed( + can you research all the Unis>?) I am relaxed, you arent

anyway, lets stop that juvenile argument.

ReputationRep:
    You are clearly wrong. You apply for bursaries via student finance when you apply for your loan.
    Have you ever done it?
    I have.

ReputationRep:
    You are a lazy fecker souman. All you had to do was google it

http://www.uwe.ac.uk/advice/money/bu...atisUWEbursary

Just like your other post where you asked when the tuition fee rise was coming into effect, rather than searching on the forum you create another thread. This is the last time I will help you, stop being lazy and start using search engines for fuxsake.

ReputationRep:
    ok, lets continue then....

Clearly, you are talking about something different........ when you fill your student finance application, you put only your first choise! By the time you know that you actually are able to go to your insurance course, all deadlines are in the past..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jmzie-Coupe)
    You are a lazy fecker souman. All you had to do was google it

http://www.uwe.ac.uk/advice/money/bu...atisUWEbursary

Just like your other post where you asked when the tuition fee rise was coming into effect, rather than searching on the forum you create another thread. This is the last time I will help you, stop being lazy and start using search engines for fuxsake.
    Jeeeez, people, what is wrong with u? I have red this link 100 times... if you do the same, you will see that what i am asking is not there... I emailed them, but there is no response. thats why i decided to ask you people... dont be hostile

ReputationRep:
    When you apply for student finance there is a box that says something similar to 'Do you wish to be eligible for bursaries etc and allow us to share information to your university etc' - This box effectively means that whichever university you apply to, provided you have ticked that box SFE will share the details with the uni to allow you to be in receipt of that bursary, should you be eligible, ok?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jmzie-Coupe)
    When you apply for student finance there is a box that says something similar to 'Do you wish to be eligible for bursaries etc and allow us to share information to your university etc' - This box effectively means that whichever university you apply to, provided you have ticked that box SFE will share the details with the uni to allow you to be in receipt of that bursary, should you be eligible, ok?
    what about the bursaries that you have to apply yourself?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know of any other.

ReputationRep:
    well, there is, and you have to send some documents as an evidence... as i said, by the time you receice your results, the deadline for those bursaries is in the past. do i have to do it for both choices? this is the questions. and please, if you are unable to give answer, then dont. its that simple. 10x

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 25, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.