Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Just applied for student finance, however my household income has dropped significantly this tax year. Based on 2009-10 tax year, I would be entitled to no grant, however this year I would be entitled to almost the full grant. I see on the website that there is a form to fill out to be assessed on this tax year, but it's not available until April.

    Has anyone else been in this situation? Is it particularly difficult/awkward to be assessed on the current tax year?

    I am in that situation now.
    You apply as normal and provide 2009-10 figures
    Then when the current year assessment form is available in April you download it, fill it in and get reassessed.
    Your parents will need to provide evidence next April.

University open days

  • Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.