Turn on thread page Beta

Feeling dizzy after running watch

ReputationRep:
    Earlier this week I went to the gym for the first time in a while, and while the actual running was absolutely fine (no pain, trouble breathing etc) the minute I stepped off the treadmill I felt really dizzy and I had to take a minute to steady myself before I could carry on walking.

I was wondering if it's just because I'm a bit unfit or if I was doing something wrong?

ReputationRep:
    Unfit, short of oxygen too

ReputationRep:
    Oxygen deficit! Not enough oxygen reaching the brain, I used to get this, it'll go as you're body improves at transporting oxygen Just be careful, don't want to pass out while out running or something!

Lie flat if you are out running and feel light headed, lessens the effect of gravity pulling the bloody down your body rather than up to the head!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitkatbitesize)
    Earlier this week I went to the gym for the first time in a while, and while the actual running was absolutely fine (no pain, trouble breathing etc) the minute I stepped off the treadmill I felt really dizzy and I had to take a minute to steady myself before I could carry on walking.

I was wondering if it's just because I'm a bit unfit or if I was doing something wrong?
    Did you perform a cool down?

If you're relatively unfit and go from relatively intense exercise to none at all your cardiac output drops dramatically, the blood flow to your brain falls and you then feel faint/dizzy. On the other hand if you reduce the intensity of your workout gradually you enable your body to go some way towards correcting it's oxygen debt and lowering it's cardiac output gradually.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.