Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

My uni dilemma, please help :( watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So I've applied for physics and electronic and electrical engineering. So far i have had offers from strathclyde uni and edinburgh for eee. And an offer from strathclyde uni for physics (was rejected from st andrews still to hear from heriot watt). I have always been interested in physics it is my passion. However when i was applying to uni I basically told myself that my first choice would be eee at either edinburgh and strathclyde, and i only applied to one really well respected uni for physics and the other two (physics @ strathclyde and heriot watt) were just an insurance, incase i never got in any of my top 3. For some reason i convinced myself that i wanted to do eee (due to various influences). However today in a conversation with my bro he basically asked me why i wanted to do engieering over physics when physics is something i am so passionate about, and i litterally couldn't answer. I said that it was because the job oportunities were better blah blah blah, but this was a poor answer. Then it kind of hit me that I don't want to do eee over physics. This wouldn't be a problem if i got an offer from st andrews, but i didn't and because i convinced myself i wanted to do eee, it was the only really well renowned uni that i applied for physics for.

Basically now i have to make a decision between doing a subject i love (physics) in a uni that isn't really well renowned for it, or do a subject (eee) at a uni that is quite well renowned for it, but it is not my prefered choice.

Do you think i should just do physics despite the uni not being really renowned for it, or would i be silly to give up an opportunity to do eee at a really good uni?

ReputationRep:
    Would you be happy attending Strathclyde? If yes, go there and do physics. If you dont like a university then you have to weigh up whats more important, the university itself or the course you will be studying. Alternatively you could try for Physics somewhere else through UCAS Extra.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.