Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am stuck between these two options, I want to take art, but I got a low grade so I don't know if I'll be able to take it, but i could also take Graphic Products, but it seems boring, the reason I am struggling to choose between these two subjects is because, these are backups because I either want to become a psychologist or a Graphic designer. I know graphic products would be a bit more useful but I think art can replace it, but I only got a level 4 so I don't know if I'll be allowed to take it. Help!

ReputationRep:
    What else are you taking? If you tell us that we'll be able to give you better advice as to which subjects complement each other.

ReputationRep:
    I am also taking:
    maths
    eng lit
    eng lang
    biology
    chemistry
    physics
    french
    critical thinking
    history

ReputationRep:
    In that case it probably doesn't matter too much. I'd advise you go for Art but if you're significantly better at Graphics then do that.

ReputationRep:
    if you enjoy art, pick art
    but it is a load of work
    im in year 11 and it is the most time consuming subject im doing
    but if you like it, theres not a problem with doing it
    graphics isnt as time consuming so its up to you really but i think you kind of answered your own question saying you enjoy art more ?

ReputationRep:
    Art is ALOT of work, if your interested in graphic designing take graphics, it really gave me perspective to what it's like as I was thinking of becoming a graphic designer to, and it would help if you persue it further if you want to, I also find it to be less work then art and more fun which is nice.

ReputationRep:
    Ii have heard of many people regretting taking graphics, do any of you regret it and why?

ReputationRep:
    Do not be deterred by Level's as they prove nothing. I heard that both subjects are heavily contented with coursework especially Art. If you want to be a Graphics Designer then pick Graphics; it seems a lot easier than Art.

ReputationRep:
    I chose Art and I have my up's and down's, I really enjoy the subject however you need to very patient and prepare for an unexpected workload, I never know whats round the corner aha. Saying that, I also wish I did graphics as my artistic style has been described as 'graphical'. I didn't do graphics simply because the teachers are my school who taught graphics were well, non existent? I don't think we have one haha

ReputationRep:
    Im in year 10 and I took art. It is very time consuming but worth it the end. You dont need to be the best at art, you will get a good grade if you do the work and extra and support them with good comments. In my school some of my friends took both and they have said that the work load is about the same, so it is down to what you enjoy the most. In year 10 we have looked at portraiture and landscapes; next year you get to pick your own type of projects with guidance, so you may have chance to do something more on the graphics side as long as you find some artists to compare your work with

ReputationRep:
    If i was in your situation, I would take Art, being artistic is the most important thing for being a great designer.

after your A-levels or BTEC in Art you can go onto a foundation in art and design, then you can choose to do a pathway in Graphic Design, you will learn so much more in those few months than you will in your GCSE course.

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Days Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  2. University of Sunderland
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  3. Plymouth College of Art
    All MA Programmes Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.