Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello
    I'm new to this website, I just set up an account now to see if anyone can help me with this.

I want to go to New Buckinghamshire University to study Advertising: Creative.
    But I don't think I'll get the accommodation.
    If you live outside the 25 mile radius of the uni you get guaranteed accommodation. By road I live (minimum) 27 miles away. But on map in a straight line radius I live 21 miles away.

Does anyone know of what the likelihood would be of me getting to live in the halls of residence there???
    And if I don't, what do I do, because I really want to live near the uni???????

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm going there to do creative advertising too in september! (hopefully)
    I have no idea about accommodation, only the 25 mile radius thing. I reckon if you just explain it's 27 miles by road and would take a while to get in it should be ok i think?
    If not, I know they help students rent flats or houses nearby

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Popart)
    Hello
    I'm new to this website, I just set up an account now to see if anyone can help me with this.

I want to go to New Buckinghamshire University to study Advertising: Creative.
    But I don't think I'll get the accommodation.
    If you live outside the 25 mile radius of the uni you get guaranteed accommodation. By road I live (minimum) 27 miles away. But on map in a straight line radius I live 21 miles away.

Does anyone know of what the likelihood would be of me getting to live in the halls of residence there???
    And if I don't, what do I do, because I really want to live near the uni???????
    i just realised my reply was the most un helpful thing ever.. sorry!

ReputationRep:
    Oh are you ? Where do you live now?
    and I e-mailed them but they said I'm not eligible so will probably have to stay in one of those head tenancy houses

ReputationRep:
    Live in bristol, So i'm eligible but just waiting for the housing application scheme, think i'm gonna go for halls but head tenancy sounds good, having a house and all that!

ReputationRep:
    Ohhh sorry late reply.
    Yeah it might be good still a small chance i could live in halls

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 22, 2011

University open days

1. Buckinghamshire New University
    Society and Health Undergraduate
    Sat, 13 Oct '18
  2. Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  3. Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.