Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Ultimate "I Was So Mortified!" Thread Watch

ReputationRep:
    :mmm:Post your most embarrassing moments; I need something to enlighten my mood.

I'll start:

I was walking home a few weeks ago when I saw a bunch of popular girls from my school, all huddled together on this bench. To make things a little less awkward, I got out my phone, plastered it to my ear and walked past them, pretending to have a conversation. And of course, my phone starts ringing. I realised they'd stopped talking, and naturally, I just continued walking, hearing them giggle behind. I was mortified! And to make things even worse, I have lessons with them at school... :erm:

Yeah, not that bad, but still...

Now it's your turn!

(P.S I AM a grammar nazi, but I'm rather tired, so I apologise for any fatal spelling/grammar mistakes).

ReputationRep:
    In year 10 my best friend completed a Jaqueline Wilson wordsearch and entered it into the school library's competition under my name. I didn't find out until two weeks later when they called my name out in assembly, announcing that I had won. And to make it worse, they rubbed it in that I was the first ever boy to actually enter and win the competition in all the years it had been running. Then they made me walk up to the front of assembly and claim my prize. I've never been so mortally embarrassed in my life. THEN, I was stuck with the nickname 'Jaqueline Wilson Boy' for a good year. FML

ReputationRep:
    Fell over into a muddy puddle and had to walk home with mud absolutely plastered down me

Or tripped over the projector cord on my way out of the school hall in front of about 100 kids.

I'm not the most graceful person as you might be able to tell.

ReputationRep:
    In year seven we had really severe floods round where I live. We all got out of school early, so naturally everyone was ecstatic. I was waiting by the bus stop with a group of friends when we saw a bus approaching. I was thirsty. I had an idea. It seemed a good idea.

It was not a good idea.

The puddle splashed everywhere and loads of water landed in my mouth. Everything went as expected, right? Well, after drinking it, I noticed where the water was coming from.

An overflowing drain. Every single millilitre was stained the colour of ****.

I tried to wear my poker face, but I failed in a spectacular fashion when my tastebuds caught up with me. I started throwing up everywhere, and fell to my knees. Just in time for the double decker school bus to drive by within viewing distance.

And then, a labrador came out of ****ing nowhere and started sniffing my puke. I don't know if he ate any, I had more pressing matters on my mind and trachea. I was still throwing up when the second school bus drove by. This one was only a single decker, but it was packed to the god damn brim.

Oh, and I couldn't get my bus for about thirty five minutes because the floods worsened. So yeah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bella Occhi)
    tripped over the projector cord on my way out of the school hall in front of about 100 kids.
    Oh man, I've done that.
    I feel your pain. :console:

ReputationRep:
    A few years ago, when I was dizzy pre-teen, I went to the cinema with some friends. In the front row, there was this kid who kept making really weird noises during the really, quiet romantic parts of the movie, like "eeeeEEEEEEHHHhhhh." We though he was doing it on purpose, so we got annoyed and started imitating him.

It turned out he was disabled. :facepalm2: That was so embarrassing...

ReputationRep:
    Walking past a line of parked cars near my school, I caught sight of my reflection in the side window and pulled a silly face. I then realised there was a group of really popular people inside the car. CRINGE.

ReputationRep:
    my dad was picking me up, and i opened the passenger door to find out that it wasn't my car...

there are also hundreds of incidents of me falling over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pom Agranite)
    :mmm:Post your most embarrassing moments; I need something to enlighten my mood.

I'll start:

I was walking home a few weeks ago when I saw a bunch of popular girls from my school, all huddled together on this bench. To make things a little less awkward, I got out my phone, plastered it to my ear and walked past them, pretending to have a conversation. And of course, my phone starts ringing. I realised they'd stopped talking, and naturally, I just continued walking, hearing them giggle behind. I was mortified! And to make things even worse, I have lessons with them at school... :erm:

Yeah, not that bad, but still...

Now it's your turn!

(P.S I AM a grammar nazi, but I'm rather tired, so I apologise for any fatal spelling/grammar mistakes).
    I do that all the time to get out of speaking to people. If it goes off, I look at the screen, and silence the ringtone, then I put it back to my ear and say "Sorry, I'm going to have to call you back because my mum is ringing me" then answer the phone call.

Even better if they come up to you and ask you how you can be notified like that mid-call.

ReputationRep:
    Rebecca Black NEEDS to contribute to this thread.

ReputationRep:
    My worst moment was at a house party a couple of years back, I was dancing on a chair until I realised there was a perfectly good bench on the other side of the absolutely PACKED kitchen that was perfect for me to continue my drunken raving.

Of course I get up on the bench, fail to notice the shelf of plates and ornaments they were displaying on the wall; I hit my back on it and knock the whole thing down. Including the shelf.

Even in my drunken state I knew to be absolutely MORTIFIED. Everyone turned round and stared, there I was standing high on a bench, surrounded by about 50 broken plates and figurines.

ReputationRep:
    The Geography teacher telling me to do up my tie in the early part of Year 7. I still couldn't do it yet so got my mum to do it for me before school. Unfortunately at break, another kid yanked my tie for a joke, completely ****ing it up. When said teacher told me to re-do it, I sat there hoping he would leave my alone. He didn't.

The teacher then asked (yes, he asked for me) another kid to do my tie for me. From then, I was almost as sure as I am now that I wouldn't be one of the really popular kids. I think I also cried slightly from the embarrassment which obviously makes you look like even more of an baby/idiot/loser.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dogatonic)
    Rebecca Black NEEDS to contribute to this thread.
    :giggle:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 21, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.