Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    The best clubbing experiences are amazing, the worst are terrible. I think it depends a lot on the people your with and what kind of mood you and they are in. Plus I also think the venue plays a big role in the night, with most UK clubbing venues being poorly designed bar some of the best ones in London. The lack of possibility to have any proper social interaction plays a big part.

ReputationRep:
    Not really a fan of normal student club nights. Too many drunk morons bumping into people usually accompanied a turd selection of music.

If you find the rights though, yeah I love clubbing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phil23)
    I don't know about you, but killing seals just doesn't cut it for me anymore...

But joking aside...

I've been going clubbing now since September and I remember being really excited going out with new friends and experiencing this whole new environment.

It was fun to get pished, get mad with it, and party all night long but now it feels like a chore. I just can't stand it now.

-It's cool to dance when you are in the mood, but you can only dance so much!
    -You can't even have a semi-decent conversation with people due to the music.
    -Chavs and sluts (not the good kind)
    -The toilets...why do they look as if a wet shaggy dog came in and just...dried itself?!
    -It feels like forever to get a drink.

Does anyone else feel the same, or am I just being a silly Nancy?
    I pretty much agree. Clubs really don't appeal to me at all these days. Let's face it, most men go out to nightclubs because they're looking for a girl to pick up and take home and have sex with that night. Men don't go out for a dance and to soak up flattering attention. But there are better places to pickup girls.

First of all, I'll start with what I consider the cons of clubs.....

- ****e music.
    - The music is way too loud to be able to talk to anyone without shouting down their earhole
    - Having to pay to get in. So I'm out by a fiver before I've even walked in the place.
    - Having to pay inflated prices for drinks.
    - The fact that I very rarely drink alcohol, if at all, these days
    - I don't like hangovers
    - Too many male posers acting like ********s
    - Idiotic bouncers.
    - The crowded environment...bumping into people and them bumping into me as I walk through the place, and having to barge my way through the crowd to walk around
    - Girls going out in massive packs, making it harder to approach them (not to mention their cockblocker friends)
    - Girls have their shields up more because they're expecting to be approached
    - Having to walk home afterwards in the freezing cold night, or get a taxi home (thus having to spend even more money), as there are no trams, trains or buses at that time of night (unless of course I end up pulling someone and going back to their place or taking them back to mine).
    - Many girls are not out to pull, but merely to show off their outfits, tease guys and soak up flattering attention, and use men for free drinks...but not actually put out, so I have to wade through the attention whores and timewasters befoe I pull someone.
    -Even if I DO pull someone and take her home and **** her that night, it'll probably be **** sex with someone I have nothing in common with who I'll never see again.

Also, what most people don't realise about clubs is that many of them let women in free, since this then lures the men in, who then buy drinks for the women (hoping to buy their way into their pants), which makes money for the club. The dumbass men don't realise this, though.

Now I'll give you what I consider the pros of clubs when it comes to pulling.....

- Girls are dressed in sexy outfits and have made an extra special effort with their hair and makeup, so there are a lot of ultra sexy girls there
    - Girls are drinking alcohol, so that makes (some of) them easier to pull
    - The possibility of a one night stand. There will always be a percentage of girls, however small, out in any given club who will be up for sex THAT NIGHT. It's just a matter of finding them!

Personally, I think if you want to pull girls, the cons of nightclubs outweigh the pros in my opinion.

You're better off hunting during the day if you want to meet girls and actually get somewhere with them. For one, you don't need to spend any money, and two the girls will not be drunk so you get to see their real personality and not some fake 'club persona'. People believe clubs are good places to pull, but they certainly aren't the best place for that. The street or a shopping centre during the day trump nightclubs any day when it comes to pulling girls.

Once you get clubbing out of your system, you'll get bored of it and you'll see it for what it truly is...a plastic, fake environment designed to milk as much profit out of people as possible. I don't get why some people do nothing except work in their crappy day job and then go clubbing on the weekend. That's a shallow existence if you ask me.

Clubbing is fun when you're 18 to 27, though....after that, it gets old and tiresome to be honest. It's way overrated really.

ReputationRep:
    Bar with live music > Club. Anytime.

ReputationRep:
    A club is for 2 things:

1) To get merry, dance and have a good time

2) To meet women

Nothing more nothing less.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, and this kids is why you take MDMA.

No but seriously, I like it every now and again. There's so much variety!

I've been to places in Brixton where everyone is high on e, random d'n'b/jungle places where all the girls are in neon and the guys are hench and white, skanking to Mickey Finn and Congo Natty:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHVxALMehBI
    Power of raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Memory of my LIFE: South London, some dodge event in a tent, so cold I could see my breath (snowing outside, we were dancing in our coats), high as a motherfker, I saw a guy in a wheelchair skanking to Congo Natty, grinding his teeth off. Oh dearrrrrr. The rest of this story is me running across a motorway in the snow at 5am, lookig for a McDonalds but hey that's a story for another day.

And then, there's like just your standard clubs... Oceania... cheap, cheerful, fun... how can you complain too much? You get pissed, tell your bestmate you love them and dance to Katy Perry. **** but funny.

And then there's like really up market clubs, which I'm not a fan of. I've been to ChinaWhite and Taman Gang back in the day when I had richer friends and deeper pockets, they're... alright. I dunno, I understand not liking them, I would go again but definitely not regularly. I went to Merah (I think it used to be Crystal) in Fitzrovia a few weeks ago for a big society event (best friend is the vice president of a UoL society that hosts this giant annual club night), you have to stay relatively sober and classy or you look like a ****. Definitely fed up of that sort of clubbing.

And then there's more mainstream d'n'b places like Egg, Fabric.. I'm bored of them because my best friend drags me to Egg all the time as she lives nearby, but they are the best generally.

My point: I dunno how you can say you're sick of clubbing; there's so many different varieties - grimy basements, carparks, upmarket clubs, South London, Kensington, generic ****, jungle.. omg. I think it is what you make it.

I would get bored if I did it all the time, and I do prefer quieter stuff now, but variety is the spice of life and there's just so much of it!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by @thebay)
    Bar with live music > Club. Anytime.
    Totally agree and also with #43.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 21 and have been clubbing a lot since I turned 18. Mainly just because it was what everyone else does, and sometimes it's good fun, especially you haven't been for a couple of months. But where I live I tend to avoid nightclubs: They're a waste of money, the management and customers are rude, and you are likely to get involved in a fight if you stay until chucking out time. I much prefer my local pubs these days.

In the first year of uni i lovedd going clubbing. Now im in second year i cant stand it. I think its mainly to do with who i usually have no choice to go out with ie. this aggressive, argumentitive girl who thinks she can go around slapping anyone that comes near her, and an attention seeking whore who pretends to be more drunk than she really is, because she is just that fun.
    I've began to say no to going clubbing with them now. But unfortunately they are now isolating me because of it.

ReputationRep:
    Clubs only make sense if you want to get laid. You get in there, you find someone you fancy, chat, flirt, kiss, buy them a drink whatever, and go home to get laid. People who just go to dance and go back to their flat with their mates I don't see what fun they find tbh. You can't have a decent conversation in a club.

If I want to dance and enjoy quality time with friends, I'd go to a gig. Advantages of a gig = you can have a conversation about the gig, meet band members, meet people with similar music taste, it's an actual musical experience which will stay with you for a long time, and you can get drunk.

ReputationRep:
    I don't go clubbing anymore. It's boring, expensive, and sh*tty.

ReputationRep:
    It's only good if there's good music - which there is at the club I go to. But it's not your conventional "clubbing" music, more a mix. Last time i was there they played Placebo, Kids in Glass Houses, Muse, Feeder and RATM. Much better than Tiny Tempaaaaahhh and Rihanna....

ReputationRep:
    id say im tired of it but ive never been sooo

ReputationRep:
    "At vero eos et accusamus et iusto odio dignissimos ducimus qui blanditiis praesentium voluptatum deleniti atque corrupti quos dolores et quas molestias excepturi sint occaecati cupiditate non provident, similique sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollitia animi, id est laborum et dolorum fuga. Et harum quidem rerum facilis est et expedita distinctio. Nam libero tempore, *** soluta nobis est eligendi optio cumque nihil impedit quo minus id quod maxime placeat facere possimus, omnis voluptas assumenda est, omnis dolor repellendus. Temporibus autem quibusdam et aut officiis debitis aut rerum necessitatibus saepe eveniet ut et voluptates repudiandae sint et molestiae non recusandae. Itaque earum rerum hic tenetur a sapiente delectus, ut aut reiciendis voluptatibus maiores alias consequatur aut perferendis doloribus asperiores repellat."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phil23)
    Born in Portugal, Half German, finished high school in Canada, studying in Scotland now.

Never been in a club in Canada because my town had NOTHING.
    I wouldn't feel safe going out in Portugal.
    The places I could go to in Germany have become extremely dangerous in the last few years.
    Scotland is my only choice, believe it or not...
    Haha, Scotland can be dangerous too, specially glasgow, absolute ****hole

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neil_K)
    I pretty much agree. Clubs really don't appeal to me at all these days. Let's face it, most men go out to nightclubs because they're looking for a girl to pick up and take home and have sex with that night. Men don't go out for a dance and to soak up flattering attention. But there are better places to pickup girls.

First of all, I'll start with what I consider the cons of clubs.....

- ****e music.
    - The music is way too loud to be able to talk to anyone without shouting down their earhole
    - Having to pay to get in. So I'm out by a fiver before I've even walked in the place.
    - Having to pay inflated prices for drinks.
    - The fact that I very rarely drink alcohol, if at all, these days
    - I don't like hangovers
    - Too many male posers acting like ********s
    - Idiotic bouncers.
    - The crowded environment...bumping into people and them bumping into me as I walk through the place, and having to barge my way through the crowd to walk around
    - Girls going out in massive packs, making it harder to approach them (not to mention their cockblocker friends)
    - Girls have their shields up more because they're expecting to be approached
    - Having to walk home afterwards in the freezing cold night, or get a taxi home (thus having to spend even more money), as there are no trams, trains or buses at that time of night (unless of course I end up pulling someone and going back to their place or taking them back to mine).
    - Many girls are not out to pull, but merely to show off their outfits, tease guys and soak up flattering attention, and use men for free drinks...but not actually put out, so I have to wade through the attention whores and timewasters befoe I pull someone.
    -Even if I DO pull someone and take her home and **** her that night, it'll probably be **** sex with someone I have nothing in common with who I'll never see again.

Also, what most people don't realise about clubs is that many of them let women in free, since this then lures the men in, who then buy drinks for the women (hoping to buy their way into their pants), which makes money for the club. The dumbass men don't realise this, though.

Now I'll give you what I consider the pros of clubs when it comes to pulling.....

- Girls are dressed in sexy outfits and have made an extra special effort with their hair and makeup, so there are a lot of ultra sexy girls there
    - Girls are drinking alcohol, so that makes (some of) them easier to pull
    - The possibility of a one night stand. There will always be a percentage of girls, however small, out in any given club who will be up for sex THAT NIGHT. It's just a matter of finding them!

Personally, I think if you want to pull girls, the cons of nightclubs outweigh the pros in my opinion.

You're better off hunting during the day if you want to meet girls and actually get somewhere with them. For one, you don't need to spend any money, and two the girls will not be drunk so you get to see their real personality and not some fake 'club persona'. People believe clubs are good places to pull, but they certainly aren't the best place for that. The street or a shopping centre during the day trump nightclubs any day when it comes to pulling girls.

Once you get clubbing out of your system, you'll get bored of it and you'll see it for what it truly is...a plastic, fake environment designed to milk as much profit out of people as possible. I don't get why some people do nothing except work in their crappy day job and then go clubbing on the weekend. That's a shallow existence if you ask me.

Clubbing is fun when you're 18 to 27, though....after that, it gets old and tiresome to be honest. It's way overrated really.

"Hunting for girls during the day". You weirdo. Also I only find Saturday nights to be like you described (in a way). Other nights are fine.

ReputationRep:
    I like your description, made me laugh :')
    (Original post by Bcx)
    I agree op. I used to love clubbing when I was like, 18, went out all the time with mates and stuff. But I find recently that though I can still have a good time, it isn't a majority case. Like, if I go out 5 times, one or two of them would be enjoyable. For me it's hardly worth the odds.
    I find that like, "proper clubbing" (going to see DJs who you want to see and so forth) is a lot better than regular clubs, where there is no real agenda. When everyone is there for the music, it makes it great.

For me it's because you don't do anything. If you look at a standard club night from the outside, it involves queuing, getting lost, finding people, buying drinks, getting lost, standing in the smoking area and a bit of dancing in a circle. It only works when your super pissed. I know it's all just a bit of fun, but unless i'm hammered I just find it a but dull.

Sometimes I think i'm cynical about it, as everyone I know goes out all the time to clubs. But just because others like it doesn't mean you should to! It's a shame that there aren't loads more late night options than getting pissed and dancing in a circle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cheesecakefactory)
    I'm not in university myself but I'm just curious...

Isn't it easy to make a lot of different friends at uni?
    Well it is for most people, I just happen to fail socially.
    I did make more friends than I expected, however.

ReputationRep:
    It's fun when you're young and single and you've done your homework and know loads of hot girls who are going to be in that club. So its basically just a case of turning up and taking your pick. How could anyone not think that's fun? :confused:

People are just too lazy, thats the problem. They don't put the work in beforehand and then wonder why they can't pull and are having a **** time.

ReputationRep:
    I got bored of clubbing very quickly last year. But it was because the taxi to town took half an hour each way, and cost £20 each way which was £10 each per time we went out.. and it all just seemed like far too much effort- particularly as it usually took ~2hrs to get a taxi at 3am because everyone left the clubs around that time and there were hardly any around. =(

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 21, 2011
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.