Turn on thread page Beta

Is anyone else getting tired of clubbing? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phil23)
    I don't know about you, but killing seals just doesn't cut it for me anymore...

But joking aside...

I've been going clubbing now since September and I remember being really excited going out with new friends and experiencing this whole new environment.

It was fun to get pished, get mad with it, and party all night long but now it feels like a chore. I just can't stand it now.

-It's cool to dance when you are in the mood, but you can only dance so much!
    -You can't even have a semi-decent conversation with people due to the music.
    -Chavs and sluts (not the good kind)
    -The toilets...why do they look as if a wet shaggy dog came in and just...dried itself?!
    -It feels like forever to get a drink.

Does anyone else feel the same, or am I just being a silly Nancy?
    Clubbing lost its charm after first year, still go once in a blue moon but mostly prefer bars and pubs.

Like you said, it was new and different...now its not. Not everyone likes clubbing.

ReputationRep:
    Quality of night out > Quantity

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    "Hunting for girls during the day". You weirdo. Also I only find Saturday nights to be like you described (in a way). Other nights are fine.
    I find daytime the best time/place to meet girls. Just because meeting girls during the daytime is outside of your reality doesn't mean it's 'weird'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jmzie-Coupe)
    Haha, Scotland can be dangerous too, specially glasgow, absolute ****hole
    I'll be honest, I've heard all the horror stories before coming here, but I've never, ever come across any problems and neither have my mates. People are usually really nice to you, even when drunk, just as long are you don't act like an absolute idiot.

But sure, I still hear stuff like "Oh a girl got raped outside the Garage last weekend" or "Some dude got stabed three times outside of this and that" in newspapers but I've never, ever come across these things in first hand or second hand experience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phil23)
    I'll be honest, I've heard all the horror stories before coming here, but I've never, ever come across any problems and neither have my mates. People are usually really nice to you, even when drunk, just as long are you don't act like an absolute idiot.

But sure, I still hear stuff like "Oh a girl got raped outside the Garage last weekend" or "Some dude got stabed three times outside of this and that" in newspapers but I've never, ever come across these things in first hand or second hand experience.
    I'm glad, though I suspect you haven't ventured into the rougher parts of Glasgow (not that I blame you, why would you?)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 21, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.