Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i'm transferring uni in september into 2nd year and they just sent me an email asking why i want to transfer? The real reason is something they wouldn't like to hear; I just simply hate it here.
    What could i possibly say that they would like to hear :confused:
    thx for any advice

ReputationRep:
    Want/need to be nearer home?

ReputationRep:
    The honest truth? They can't stop you, who cares if they don't like it? As long as you have a polite tone, you can say "I'm dissatisfied with the teaching/accomodation/city life/whatever"

ReputationRep:
    I disagree with BlueJoker. While that is perfectly acceptable, it isn't what they want to hear. A university always prefers a positive person over someone who just "hates it here". I completely understand your position; I'm trying to transfer as well and was asked a similar question. The best idea is to say why you want to go their school instead. Highlight all the positive points of their institution, and then maybe add in one or two things about your current uni like you "don't feel academically challenged" or the like. But keep the negativity to a minimum and try to focus on the positive and your excitement about transferring.

ReputationRep:
    Just say something polite, but really no matter what you say they aren't going to stop you, lol.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the replies,
    I think it does matter what you say, like youdothemath says... My head of department here said it's a bad idea to tell them you want to transfer because you dont like your current university as he says they'l start thinking that i may just not like it there aswell

ReputationRep:
    i also want to transfer to another uni. is it too late to do apply now? and if i get marks higher than 70% do i have a chance to transfer to unis such as exeter or kent?

ReputationRep:
    You don't feel you're challenged to your full ability at your current uni?

ReputationRep:
    Say it is for monetary reasons - i.e. in a more convenient place to travel home/accommodation costs. And also, the fact you want to move.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chaz1992)
    You don't feel you're challenged to your full ability at your current uni?
    Yes, it's hardly stimulating and I feel that the course could be so much more interesting than it is now. It's even more disappointing because i'm not from UK and came all this way for smth that isn't worth it.. but i'm afraid it is too late to apply for a transfer..

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.