Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I went to apply yesterday for student finance, I'll be starting university in september. I made an account put all my details in correctly and want my parent to support my application.

So I went on the 'Parents/partners - Support an application' and asked one of my parents to fill in the information on the screen. They did this but then it keeps coming up with this message:

Your supported students
    You are not linked to any student for academic year 2011/12.

I'm the first in the family to go to university so my parents haven't filled this out before. They haven't received an email from student finance and made an account themselves before I actually made my own through the parents/carer/partner sign up section.

Has anyone else had this issue? I'm just worried I've ****ed this up and won't be able to rectify it. Any advice will be very welcomed. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi, This has happened to me!.... i have no idea what to do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stirlo)
    I went to apply yesterday for student finance, I'll be starting university in september. I made an account put all my details in correctly and want my parent to support my application.

So I went on the 'Parents/partners - Support an application' and asked one of my parents to fill in the information on the screen. They did this but then it keeps coming up with this message:

Your supported students
    You are not linked to any student for academic year 2011/12.

I'm the first in the family to go to university so my parents haven't filled this out before. They haven't received an email from student finance and made an account themselves before I actually made my own through the parents/carer/partner sign up section.

Has anyone else had this issue? I'm just worried I've ****ed this up and won't be able to rectify it. Any advice will be very welcomed. Thanks

Hi, basically i had this aswell when i started doing this the other week. When you are logged on to your account and you click 'parents/partners : support an application' that bit isnt for you because to put it easy thats say if you want to support someone.
    When your parents log on it will come up with your name and info and you parents agree thats who they are supporting.
    I applied saturday evening and neither of my parents had recieved the email by tuesday evening. So what i did was on the homepage it says something on the right hand side like 'Find out login details' its just below where you click to log on. And if you click the reset passord etc button and fill out what it tells you, it will send your parents the email (i should know, my parents then recieved 2 emails with different passwords and you literally have to log on and see what password is right - my parents share the same email address ) and if you dont know what your parents customer reference number is then if you go on to your account and click 'view application status blah blah' and click you fathers detail and mothers details it should tell you somewhere there.. i hope

Hope i helped...ive rambled on abit but thats the only way i can explain myself
    Any problems just pm...and i hope ill be able to help

ReputationRep:
    Im having this problem however in my application I already linked them. IN my app it says "So and so is linked to your application" but when my dad logs onto his account, I don't come up in the support an application. Help!?

ReputationRep:
    Also had this problem. I used the same email address for both myself and my mum, who is supporting me.....I have not received an email (for her), but on my account it says she is linked, but she doesn't even have an account yet?!

ReputationRep:
    How long should it take for parents to receive their email?

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.