Hi, I graduated last summer from uni and have since been struggling like lots of other graduates to find meaningful employment. So with no real long term job on the horizon, I decided to apply to my old uni for a place on their MA in publishing. It comes with a work placement and off what I've been told - fair enough they butter themselves up, but I've done research into what jobs in the industry want - it sounds like a very good course.
Anyway I got an unconditional offer early last week and a 24 day window to accept it or turn it down. Now my problem here is that I also applied to the business BAE apprenticeship. Yes, I know a backward step of sorts but it is a good place to work for and the job does have prospects. Now I've had my test at BAE and they said they'd tell us at the end of march if we were then getting an interview. Here lies my problem.
I haven't heard back from bae yet, and I'm worried about missing out on my uni offer if I wait too long. So what I am wondering is can I accept my unconditional offer at uni and then pull out before enrolment if I decide to go with BAE if I get a job there?
As well, there aren't any guarantees of an interview, then I've got to get through that and then the final step before an offer of employment emerges. So I don't want to be stranded with nothing, so I wanted to know if accepting an unconditional offer is legally binding. Thanks.
Accepting an unconditional offer question, help needed please :) watch
- Thread Starter
- 21-03-2011 00:41
- 21-03-2011 00:46
People drop out of courses during them so I don't see why you can't drop out before.
- 21-03-2011 00:51
Contact King's and ask if they can push back the acceptance dat.e Call BAE and say you need to know as you've been offered something else.
- 21-03-2011 00:52
accept the offer. You can just tell them you don't want to go if you get the job.