Turn on thread page Beta

I have missed most of my lectures is this bad?? watch

ReputationRep:
    I am in my 3rd at uni doing biomedical science, I have been good the past two years but this term I havent been attending my lectures. I have been havinf infections and bad colds and flu and been ill for the last few months, I have recently found out at the doctors that I have an underlying liver function disorder which has been affecting my immune system resulting in me getting ill more frequently. I have also been having probblems with depression which is now finally being dealt with at the doctors. Even though I havent been turning up to lectures I have still been doing all my courseworks sending them in . I was wondering if theres any point in doing my exams in 6 weeks or maybe I should not bother and try to repeat or something.
    Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated
    thanx

ReputationRep:
    you're not alone, i simply can not learn from lectures and prefer to sit down with the text book and lecture slides to teach myself

done this for the last 4 years and i'm doing well (on for good 2:1) as far as i know the majority of my class learn this way

i'd say get your head down and go for it mate

ReputationRep:
    I miss most of my classical literature lectures and tbh, I dont care. When I attend the lectures I end up feeling overwhelmed/stupid just because I didnt do the pre-lecture reading. yet when I sit down and read up on it myself (this is when I dont attend the lecture) I feel I understand everything that is on the slides the lecturer posts on the internet anyway. I actually take it in, yet the class is fairly small and I don't want to be pulled up for bad attendance... well she hasn't done so yet. So might as well not go today either. I have to pick up a paper which has been marked, so I will go do that instead.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 21, 2011
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.