Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am in my 3rd at uni doing biomedical science, I have been good the past two years but this term I havent been attending my lectures. I have been havinf infections and bad colds and flu and been ill for the last few months, I have recently found out at the doctors that I have an underlying liver function disorder which has been affecting my immune system resulting in me getting ill more frequently. I have also been having probblems with depression which is now finally being dealt with at the doctors. Even though I havent been turning up to lectures I have still been doing all my courseworks sending them in . I was wondering if theres any point in doing my exams in 6 weeks or maybe I should not bother and try to repeat or something.
    Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated
    thanx

ReputationRep:
    you're not alone, i simply can not learn from lectures and prefer to sit down with the text book and lecture slides to teach myself

done this for the last 4 years and i'm doing well (on for good 2:1) as far as i know the majority of my class learn this way

i'd say get your head down and go for it mate

ReputationRep:
    I miss most of my classical literature lectures and tbh, I dont care. When I attend the lectures I end up feeling overwhelmed/stupid just because I didnt do the pre-lecture reading. yet when I sit down and read up on it myself (this is when I dont attend the lecture) I feel I understand everything that is on the slides the lecturer posts on the internet anyway. I actually take it in, yet the class is fairly small and I don't want to be pulled up for bad attendance... well she hasn't done so yet. So might as well not go today either. I have to pick up a paper which has been marked, so I will go do that instead.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.