Turn on thread page Beta

changing workout / watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    How regular should i change my weightlifting workout plan ?.
    I do remember reading it on here somewhere but ive totally forgotten.
    Is it every 3 months or less ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danbryn)
    I do remember reading it on here somewhere but ive totally forgotten.
    Is it every 3 months or less ?
    Generally you shouldn't do the same thing for more than 6 weeks as you muscles get used to it and you stop progressing. All you need to do it maybe change the exercises or the order or reps

i've just started this

http://www.defrancostraining.com/art...rds-part1.html

its good in that it gives you lots of different options. For the maximum strength lift it says change it every 3 weeks to stop you frying you central nervous system

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by st_23)
    Generally you shouldn't do the same thing for more than 6 weeks as you muscles get used to it and you stop progressing. All you need to do it maybe change the exercises or the order or reps
    thank you

ReputationRep:
    thank you
    I edited it so read the rest lol. Best thing is to follow a proper work out plan. That one explains everything and how to do it.

ReputationRep:
    Whenever your routine stops working. As a minimum you're looking at 4-6 weeks (in the early stages it's difficult to judge whether a routine is working) but if you're a novice this could be several months with some slight alterations to your current routine.

(Original post by st_23)
    Generally you shouldn't do the same thing for more than 6 weeks as you muscles get used to it and you stop progressing.
    What you want is adaptation - that is how you improve. If you switch up your routine too regularly you can actually prevent adaptation and inhibit your progress.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by st_23)
    What an absolute crock of ****.

To danbryn: CHANGE WHEN IT STOPS WORKING

ReputationRep:
    You don't have to change it right?? I mean you can just have a weeks rest and carry on with the same workout for another 4-6 weeks..etc

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.