Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

building muscle watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    heya guys,

I've written a quick and easy piece on how to build muscle (for newbies). It doesn't go into great detail on the core topics but gives a good overview of what it takes and has some vital info for people

How To Build Muscle

Leave some comments on the site and feedback

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Good start, I see you have sifted through the sizeable amount of bodybuilding myths before starting a few sets of simple guidelines. You a miscer brah?

Anything to get those skinny 14 year olds doing bicep curls and bench press 5 times a week educated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pythag)
    Good start, I see you have sifted through the sizeable amount of bodybuilding myths before starting a few sets of simple guidelines. You a miscer brah?

Anything to get those skinny 14 year olds doing bicep curls and bench press 5 times a week educated.
    Miscer?? Sorry i'm not sure what that means (probably not then :P )

As i was writing it for newbies, i thought i would try to clear up some of the broscience that goes around and then set out a few starting points to get them on the right tracks!!

Thanks so much for reading and commenting!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pythag)

bertstare, u mirin brah'? op is on dat dere phaggy time

ReputationRep:
    4-5lbs of muscle a month? But you didn't mention steroids.

ReputationRep:
    looks pretty decent!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shawshank)
    4-5lbs of muscle a month? But you didn't mention steroids.
    Steroids are not something i want to talk about as they are illegal!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tariq786)
    looks pretty decent!
    Thanks for reading!!

Very very very basic

If I was a beginner and I read that, I would go and read something else

Diet - you haven't given any advice with regards to foods, and your actual macro nutrient split is without any reason. Why should someone who is carb sensitive eat 50% carbs, they would look like a bus. There are a lot of variables with regards to diet

Gym routine - you're just linking to a routine, not giving any explanation.

Supplements - Again very limited advice. You mention shakes, creatine, vits - you don't give any detailed explanations

Like one of the comments appropriately puts it

that article is essentially:

>Eat healthy, high protein diet
    >Do SS
    >Supplement with cod liver oil

ReputationRep:
    What are your competition lifts in the snatch & clean&jerk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by commandant)
    Very very very basic

If I was a beginner and I read that, I would go and read something else

Diet - you haven't given any advice with regards to foods, and your actual macro nutrient split is without any reason. Why should someone who is carb sensitive eat 50% carbs, they would look like a bus. There are a lot of variables with regards to diet

Gym routine - you're just linking to a routine, not giving any explanation.

Supplements - Again very limited advice. You mention shakes, creatine, vits - you don't give any detailed explanations

Like one of the comments appropriately puts it

that article is essentially:

>Eat healthy, high protein diet
    >Do SS
    >Supplement with cod liver oil
    It is only meant to be brief and basic.

but i do understand your points. More will come

ReputationRep:
    bumpp

ReputationRep:
    Seems like a great intro. Agree, I think more comp detail needs to be added as someone who is absolute beginner has no idea whatsoever. I found one of the most helpful thing for me was attending expos and learning from the trainers and the pros themselves. It certainly is possible achieving the sort of physique you want without illegals. Check out the poss of going to the BodyPower Expo in May, its well worth it whether you're a novice or expert.

ReputationRep:
    seems decent, but as others had said, very very basic and vague stuff, e.g you said about carbs,fats, protein but does that mean i can lots of mac donalds and still get muscle (without being obese and unhealthy)

ReputationRep:
    I think, Lifting shreds your muscles, then all the protein you eat repairs all the little tears you made in your muscles and the result is more muscle mass.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.