Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

University of the arts london reject... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gotart)
    I've sent them, let me know if theres any problems opening them. Theyre helpful but its mainly common sense!
    Good luck girls n boys x

Thank youuu

ReputationRep:
    Rejected too
    Its soo annoying to have waited for so long for a rejection!
    but i got so tired anyways, I was pretty excited for this college but the wait made me get over it
    dw guys, we can do better
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    sent, good luck
    Hi, sorry to be a pain but I don't actually have those sheets you were talking about sending.. I didn't realise you were on the foundation at the moment!! I thought you meant the guidelines that foundation applicants were sent (which I do already have) If its not too much trouble, would you mind sending them to me too? Would be really helpful!!!

ReputationRep:
    People, you shoudl feel blessed than you didn't get offered a place at UAL, honest. UAL indeed has a very good name but other than that, everything else is pretty crap, a lof of the tutors are loverly and very helpful, but they are totally oveloaded with crap and the senior managements and heads of colleges are all pretty stupid people. If you want a name, they feel sad that you didn't get a plce, but if you want some decent education at university and good experience then you should feel blessed that you got rejected.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cocacola123)
    Hi, sorry to be a pain but I don't actually have those sheets you were talking about sending.. I didn't realise you were on the foundation at the moment!! I thought you meant the guidelines that foundation applicants were sent (which I do already have) If its not too much trouble, would you mind sending them to me too? Would be really helpful!!!
    ohh i should have explained sorry, yeah we were given lotss of info! whats your email address? x

ReputationRep:
    [email protected] that would be great thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    ohh i should have explained sorry, yeah we were given lotss of info! whats your email address? x
    sorry its [email protected]

thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I've re-applied to UAL for 3 years running, having done a-levels, an hnc and an hnd in fine art. Still can't get in. Finally realised that it just wasn't the place for me at all. UAL isn't everything. Trust me. I know so many people who go there and are really unhappy. There a so many other colleges and universities with really good art courses. Not the end of the world.

ReputationRep:
    two years ago i started at camberwell and 5 months into it, i quit. the teaching was poor, majority of the students didn't turn up to class, let alone lectures, yet it was always those students who the staff loved. the building was lovely but the students weren't. myself and a few girls i made friends with found ourselves being picked on because we were from east london. we had our accents mocked constantly among other things.

all you're getting there is the reputation and the name behind you.
    i'm now starting a degree in september that i know i'm going to enjoy. apply somewhere else and find a course you'll enjoy. it's not the end of the world and it's really not worth it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becks__)
    two years ago i started at camberwell and 5 months into it, i quit. the teaching was poor, majority of the students didn't turn up to class, let alone lectures, yet it was always those students who the staff loved. the building was lovely but the students weren't. myself and a few girls i made friends with found ourselves being picked on because we were from east london. we had our accents mocked constantly among other things.

i'm now starting a degree in september that i know i'm going to enjoy. apply somewhere else and find a course you'll enjoy. it's not the end of the world and it's really not worth it.
    what course did you do at camberwell, If i pass my foundation I will be going there as its the only uni i got accepted in from my four choices. I accepted the offer for ba graphic design, because the course seemed quite good and had less students.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThisCantBeChanged)
    what course did you do at camberwell, If i pass my foundation I will be going there as its the only uni i got accepted in from my four choices. I accepted the offer for ba graphic design, because the course seemed quite good and had less students.
    it was ba (hons) photography, i think that's mainly where problems lie, within the foundation/painting/photography. i have a friend in his 3rd year of graphic design and he likes it, so i think that's a safe course

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becks__)

Hey. I have a place at Camberwell for sept. Just wondered what the people were like after you said that comment? Where were they mostly from? What kind of people were they!? Were they not very nice?

I'm interested... I don't know whether I want to go there yet. I've never been to an art school before... I was wondering what it would be like to mix with an entirely arty lot and no academics!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arty)
    Hey. I have a place at Camberwell for sept. Just wondered what the people were like after you said that comment? Where were they mostly from? What kind of people were they!? Were they not very nice?

I'm interested... I don't know whether I want to go there yet. I've never been to an art school before... I was wondering what it would be like to mix with an entirely arty lot and no academics!
    i'm not sure where a lot of them were from but the majority of them were quite rich/posh, (nothing against them), they just didn't seem to really want to be there, as though they were just there for the sake of doing something. some of them generally thought they were better than everyone else and that we didn't deserve the places there.

i might have just got a dodgy batch of people in my classes, i'm not sure. i'd say it depends on the impression you got from when you went there for your interviews/open days whether you'd like it there.
    as for artys and no academics, my sisters a physicist, i have a interest in it myself and i have a lot of academic friends, maybe i just wasn't used to being around all arty people before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HereGoesSomething)
    hey would you mind sending that to me aswell? I have my portfolio review with csm on the 7th, and I can't access the portfolio advice on their website, so I'm trying to figure out myself with no help what would be best for my portfolio. I'm currently on gap year
    Would you be able to send it to me too please? my email address is [email protected] THANKS!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 7, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.