The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

How far is everything to the campus?

Hey,

I was just wondering how far everything is to the rhul campus, i.e. shops, supermarket etc? Hypothetically.. if someone has a medical condition and cannot very walk far, would they be able to get to places without walking far? Or would they need to bring a car?

Also, what are the nearest halls to the psychology department? i.e the shortest walking distance (and are most psychology lectures in the psychology department?)

Thanks

Em xxx
Reply 1
Em444
Hey,

I was just wondering how far everything is to the rhul campus, i.e. shops, supermarket etc? Hypothetically.. if someone has a medical condition and cannot very walk far, would they be able to get to places without walking far? Or would they need to bring a car?

Tesco is your best best, which is located in Egham. There is a regular bus service that runs from the RHUL campus down to Egham station, which is very close to Tesco. The college shop on campus also stocks food, though if said person has a problem walking long distances, it might be worthwhile making a mention of this and applying for a catered hall.
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reid Hall, or Williamson are very close to the Psychology department, but them if you lived in either you would have a while to walk to get to Founder's Dining room. Then again, Athlone might be in working order by then.
Reply 3
and what self catering halls are the nearest?
Reply 4
Runnymede, I'd say.
Reply 5
ooooooooh i got my accommodation form yday..so excited!:biggrin: it's different to last year's one tho..or maybe im being thick!am i sposed to fillout my hall choice as in founders, reid,williamson et.c or catered, non smoking etc.?
Last year it wasn't like that- I had to rate things from on a scale of 1 to 10, like self-catering, non-smoking, en-suite etc. However, a word of caution must be added- the accomodation allocation process is really a roulette, loads of people were dissapointed this year.

Even if you don't get what you want it isn't the end of the world though, I wasn't happy where I was put but now I wouldn't want to be anywhere else!
Reply 7
i know how last yrs form was..this one's different..it's purple for a start..last yr's was pink :P

aaah i have figured outthe form now lol..i wasntreadingit properly!

yeh i know it's a roulette grr
Reply 8
its strange cuz i didnt really put anything down to end up here (kingswood) but i'm SO glad i'm here now :smile: it's amazing, plus we have internet :biggrin: and everybody is really sociable, becuz it's away from campus it's like you know everyone it's wicked. i found the accommodation form really hard to understand, which might've been why i didn't really get where i wanted to be (founders at the time, but now im glad i didnt lol, couldnt live w/o internet!) but yeh. confusing! why cant they just say: founders/reid/runnymede/g&w/kw/brunel (tho no one would chose that really to be fair)/etc
Reply 9
If you think about it, if the specifically said, "Which hall would you like to be in?", everyone would put down either Runnymede/Reid/G&W/Founders. It's impossible to fit everyone into those four halls, so a lot of people would be disappointed because, even though the specified Reid, for example, they ended up in Williamson/KW/Brunel (Heaven forbid :biggrin:). If they simply ask, "What do you expect from your accommodation?!", they have a lot of lee-way, and no-one can be *that* disappointed as they never specified a certain hall.
Reply 10
fair enough, but then i didnt know williamson or brunel were being used when i applied, becuz i thought williamson was being knocked down, and i didnt know the brunel halls existed :P
Reply 11
*jaygirl*
fair enough, but then i didnt know williamson or brunel were being used when i applied, becuz i thought williamson was being knocked down, and i didnt know the brunel halls existed :P

Haha, it was just an example. :smile:
Reply 12
i didnt know brunel existed either until about june time..lol

--------------

i didnt understand theform either lol..lookinbak it made sense!

Latest